By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much do you expect Cyberpunk to sell?

First week prediction?

Less than 3 million 6 6.59%

3-6 million 12 13.19%

6-9 million 17 18.68%

9-12 million 13 14.29%

More than 12 million 43 47.25%

Total:91

Paying it on Xbox One X since Midnight December 10th (will be playing it on PC afterwards), I've experienced all the bugs and issues most would've, and while that's definitely taken away from the experience at times, the game has managed to blow me away a lot more than it's issues have deflated me.

It's easy for some to come here and criticise releasing this game too early, in the state it's in, when you were never that invested in wanting to play it, and actually seem rather invested in wanting to see it fail for some reason. Having wanted to play this for a long time now, I'd take being able to play the game in it's current state any day, rather than having to see it delayed for another year, and innevitably released only for next-gen.

Around the Network

I remember Witcher 3 had a tough launch on consoles as well, didn't really stop people from enjoying it.

Shaunodon said:

Paying it on Xbox One X since Midnight December 10th (will be playing it on PC afterwards), I've experienced all the bugs and issues most would've, and while that's definitely taken away from the experience at times, the game has managed to blow me away a lot more than it's issues have deflated me.

It's easy for some to come here and criticise releasing this game too early, in the state it's in, when you were never that invested in wanting to play it, and actually seem rather invested in wanting to see it fail for some reason. Having wanted to play this for a long time now, I'd take being able to play the game in it's current state any day, rather than having to see it delayed for another year, and innevitably released only for next-gen.

Have you considered there are many people invested in finally getting a good sci-fi RPG again, polished like Death Stranding yet with CDPR's quest design. Then to see it released in such a state with all the broken promises is a huge letdown.

I'm happy for you that it doesn't take away from your experience, however for those wanting to experience a polished bug free game, the element of playing a new game has been taken away. Sure the game will be fixed and get better, yet it will never feel new anymore with so much footage and talk around already.

Plus instead of having threads discussing the exciting things about Cyberpunk, the whole experience is currently shrouded in negativity for good reason. CDPR has really dropped the ball, even pitting gamers against each other, with the usual 'it runs fine for me, must be your hardware'

Thanks for being honest and not brushing the bugs and issues under the rug. I wish I wasn't so invested in sci-fi and rpgs, then I wouldn't care about the game. At least CDPR has a good track record to improve their games after release, but it won't feel new anymore. The investors are happy anyway.

SvennoJ said:

investors are happy anyway.

Only they aren't, as the CDPR stock fell down over 30% this week.

aircanada83 said:
SvennoJ said:

That's a common practice sell to lower price then when it drops buy it back to profit when the price recovers and goes even higher due to the sales.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
aircanada83 said:

That's a common practice sell to lower price then when it drops buy it back to profit when the price recovers and goes even higher due to the sales.

Even more common for the drop in stock price to happen in advance of the event, if the plan is to make bank on the recovery, not typically during or after. During or after is not a good sign in general.

EricHiggin said:
Wyrdness said:

Even more common for the drop in stock price to happen in advance of the event, if the plan is to make bank on the recovery, not typically during or after. During or after is not a good sign in general.

It was dropping before the event. 

aircanada83 said:
SvennoJ said:

Time to buy then

Wyrdness said:
EricHiggin said:

It was dropping before the event. 

Yup. Since early September its been on a downturn. Looks as though there may have been an attempt to prop it up before the launch. Perhaps a pump n dump by some assuming/knowing a poor launch with long term recovery. The continued steep decline since launch makes sense because of the poor reception and word of mouth by more than a few.

So we know 15m on PC at least, fastest selling game this year I think which is no easy feat with how dominant Animal Crossing has been, with consoles it's likely already passed 20m.