By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 to PS5 transition will take 3 years, more cross-gen games coming from Sony

shikamaru317 said:
Replicant said:

Dude, you are on fire with these threads
This is just from 1 month.

Negative: PS4 to PS5 transition will take 3 years, more cross-gen games coming from Sony
Positive: Microsoft teams up with Dwayne Johnson to give Series X consoles to children's hospitals
Negative: PS5 back compat may not be as complete as I first thought
Positive: Microsoft: Xbox Series S and X only next-gen consoles with full RDNA 2 feature set
Positive: Series X's rumored heat issues seem to be false
Positive: Microsoft will allow manufacturers other than Seagate to make Xbox expansion cards
Negative: Peter Parker in PS5 remaster seems to have been changed to look more like Tom Holland

Who says that Sony doing more cross-gen games is a negative? 1: As a PS4 owner who decided to wait on a PS5 Slim, I see Sony embracing cross-gen more as a positive.

2: You definitely neglected to list some positive Sony threads I posted in that same month, 3: not to mention that I've posted many, many threads that have nothing to do with the so called "console warz". As I've told people before, I post a thread for any news  I find interesting that doesn't have a thread on VGC yet. 

1: Ok. Why didn't you write that in the thread?

2: Can you lead me to those?

3: Yeah, but the peculiar thing about many of your threads that are supposed to be "neutral" and non "console warz" is that you make sure to give your negative opinion about PS5 outside of the title or OP. Some examples:

Thread: Playstation announces strategic partnership with rapper Travis Scott
Your comments: "Never even heard of Travis Scott", "Xbox raised Sony with Snoop Dogg", "Snoop Dogg was probably chased back to Xbox by the frequent PSN outages".

Thread: CoD Black Ops Cold War Zombies Onslaught mode exclusive to Playstation for 1 year
Your comment: "Microsoft hasn't paid for a timed exclusive deal since 2013" (ignoring all kinds of timed exclusive deals from Microsoft).

Thread: PS5 start-up sound revealed
Your comments: "The PS5 one is kind of boring", "I definitely prefer both the Xbox Series start-up sound and animation".

This "I'm neutral" thing means nothing when you're this one-sided. Try to balance it a bit man.

Around the Network

Biggest 180 of next gen.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

shikamaru317 said:
Replicant said:
shikamaru317 said:

Who says that Sony doing more cross-gen games is a negative? 1: As a PS4 owner who decided to wait on a PS5 Slim, I see Sony embracing cross-gen more as a positive.

2: You definitely neglected to list some positive Sony threads I posted in that same month, 3: not to mention that I've posted many, many threads that have nothing to do with the so called "console warz". As I've told people before, I post a thread for any news  I find interesting that doesn't have a thread on VGC yet. 

3: Yeah, but the peculiar thing about many of your threads that are supposed to be "neutral" and non "console warz" is that you make sure to give your negative opinion about PS5 outside of the title or OP. Some examples:

Your comments: "Never even heard of Travis Scott", "Xbox raised Sony with Snoop Dogg", "Snoop Dogg was probably chased back to Xbox by the frequent PSN outages".

Thread: CoD Black Ops Cold War Zombies Onslaught mode exclusive to Playstation for 1 year
Your comment: "Microsoft hasn't paid for a timed exclusive deal since 2013" (ignoring all kinds of timed exclusive deals from Microsoft).

Your comments: "The PS5 one is kind of boring", "I definitely prefer both the Xbox Series start-up sound and animation".

This "I'm neutral" thing means nothing when you're this one-sided. Try to balance it a bit man.

Because it's a news thread, I try not to offer my opinions in the OP of a news thread. If I do post an opinion, I do it in a later post of said thread, like those examples you posted. 

Ok. Nothing on point 2 or 3?

Wow so, it seems that every step of the way Microsoft has been forthcoming and took the brunt of criticism for their decisions, while Sony stayed silent and hid similar decisions because they knew it wouldn't be a good look for them. How sleazy.

shikamaru317 said:
Replicant said:
shikamaru317 said:
Replicant said:
shikamaru317 said:

Because it's a news thread, I try not to offer my opinions in the OP of a news thread. If I do post an opinion, I do it in a later post of said thread, like those examples you posted. 

Ok. Nothing on point 2 or 3?

You already answered point 2 yourself by digging up the 3 positive Sony news pieces you didn't put on your first list. And my answer for point 1 also answered point 3, I posted my opinions on those news pieces after the OP, which is perfectly acceptable, since I was not presenting my opinion as part of the news in any of those cases.

I personally don't think that saying I prefer the Xbox Series start up sound to the PS5 start up sound is a negative Sony opinion, we're all allowed to have personal preferences, it's not like I said that the PS5 start-up sound was a terrible ear shattering cacophony or something, I just said I prefered Xbox's sound as well as the fan made PS5 start-up sound. I honestly had never heard of Travis Scott before, and then noted how popular he was, with 50m+ record sales (a good thing for Sony), while my personal opinion that Snoop is a bigger deal than Travis for me personally was just that, an opinion based on knowing and prefering Snoop. And my joke about the PSN outages was just that, a joke, though it was based on my personal experiences with PSN over the last 3 years of being a PS4 owner (PSN does go down far more frequently for me, and I can't even use media apps like Netflix when it does go down, which has frequently forced me to switch to my Xbox for nighttime tv viewing). As for me saying that MS hadn't paid for timed exclusive DLC since the FIFA deal in 2013, I forgot about The Division's DLC when I said that, though it was the last timed exclusive DLC for Xbox to my knowledge, and Phil has specifically spoken out against the practice of timed exclusive DLC in several interviews since 2016, which is a good thing, I wish Sony would stop the practice as well.

I guess his point was way over your head...

He is saying that when you put your opinion  it is usually positive for MS and negative for Sony, so you claiming you are neutral is exactly like Phil speaking out against practices that he go and well just do anyway.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
1: You already answered point 2 yourself by digging up the 3 positive Sony news pieces you didn't put on your first list. And my answer for point 1 also answered point 3, I posted my opinions on those news pieces after the OP, which is perfectly acceptable, since I was not presenting my opinion as part of the news in any of those cases.

2: I personally don't think that saying I prefer the Xbox Series start up sound to the PS5 start up sound is a negative Sony opinion, we're all allowed to have personal preferences

1: Frankly, just the fact that you see those threads as positive (especially considering your comments in them), tells me quite a lot.

2: Of course. We all have personal preferences. Whether it's minor or major preferences. But why not own it instead of this "I'm neutral" thing?

DragonRouge said:
JuliusHackebeil said:
Why would I buy a ps5 than? I bought into the promise of an ssd that would make completely new game design possible. No long, winding corridors, no bland nothing in between interesting stuff that has to be loaded in, etc. If I have a 10+ tflop + super fast ssd machine to play games that run perfectly fine on something that will be 10 years old after those 3 years are over, I might aswell buy the ps5 in 3 years.Can't they see how this is bad in many consumers eyes? I think it is obvious that no one would be hurt if they leave the ps4 behind after Horizon 2. With this they will just hurt ps5 sales. After a long ps4 generation people are ready to buy new tech. Don't give them less reason to want this.

There, you just cracked the code for smart gaming. No game or system is worth buying at launch price. If more people where patient, maybe, just maybe, we wouldn't have $70 games now.

And then all those developers experiencing crunch time would have their bonuses and salary slashed, many would lose their jobs and those remaining would have even more work consolidated into their day to day workload. When you hurt a business' finances, the billionaires aren't the ones suffering. It's the working class that suffers. In this case, even at $70, games aren't making what they made back in the 80's (if you count inflation) and are certainly more proportionally expensive to develop now. So if we were to all do as you suggest, we'd either have an overstressed, shrinking, underpaid workforce making games compared to what we have now, or games will start seeing significantly lower budgets and won't be nearly as grand as we expect them to be. Which of those two options would you pick so that you can save that extra $10-20 (or whatever you deem a reasonable price) per game?

Personally, I wish games would become more expensive so that anyone in software development can be more properly compensated for their high-demand, crunch-time-style jobs.

shikamaru317 said:
we all have our preferences, and I prefer Xbox to Playstation, always have, it's no secret

Again, it's not that you have preferences. We all have. It's that you're constantly negative towards PS5.
Even in threads that try to seem neutral. Other users have been banned when mods saw similar patterns. Try to balance it a bit.

Dulfite said:
DragonRouge said:
JuliusHackebeil said:
Why would I buy a ps5 than? I bought into the promise of an ssd that would make completely new game design possible. No long, winding corridors, no bland nothing in between interesting stuff that has to be loaded in, etc. If I have a 10+ tflop + super fast ssd machine to play games that run perfectly fine on something that will be 10 years old after those 3 years are over, I might aswell buy the ps5 in 3 years.Can't they see how this is bad in many consumers eyes? I think it is obvious that no one would be hurt if they leave the ps4 behind after Horizon 2. With this they will just hurt ps5 sales. After a long ps4 generation people are ready to buy new tech. Don't give them less reason to want this.

There, you just cracked the code for smart gaming. No game or system is worth buying at launch price. If more people where patient, maybe, just maybe, we wouldn't have $70 games now.

And then all those developers experiencing crunch time would have their bonuses and salary slashed, many would lose their jobs and those remaining would have even more work consolidated into their day to day workload. When you hurt a business' finances, the billionaires aren't the ones suffering. It's the working class that suffers. In this case, even at $70, games aren't making what they made back in the 80's (if you count inflation) and are certainly more proportionally expensive to develop now. So if we were to all do as you suggest, we'd either have an overstressed, shrinking, underpaid workforce making games compared to what we have now, or games will start seeing significantly lower budgets and won't be nearly as grand as we expect them to be. Which of those two options would you pick so that you can save that extra $10-20 (or whatever you deem a reasonable price) per game?

Personally, I wish games would become more expensive so that anyone in software development can be more properly compensated for their high-demand, crunch-time-style jobs.

What? Bobby Kotick is one of the richest persons in the world, while Activision employees choose the cheapest meal in the office canteen, because that's what they can afford. 10$ less for each Activision game can be payed by Kotick and he would still be one of the richest persons. You have it wrong: if a company flourishes or struggles, the workers get paid the absolute minimum. You don't get more money in the pockets of the devs if you support price hikes on games, the only way is to support unions for game devs.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Dulfite said:
DragonRouge said:
JuliusHackebeil said:

What? Bobby Kotick is one of the richest persons in the world, while Activision employees choose the cheapest meal in the office canteen, because that's what they can afford. 10$ less for each Activision game can be payed by Kotick and he would still be one of the richest persons. You have it wrong: if a company flourishes or struggles, the workers get paid the absolute minimum. You don't get more money in the pockets of the devs if you support price hikes on games, the only way is to support unions for game devs.

First you didn't understand his point, he is saying that no matter what it isn't on Bobby that the cuts will be made... and even if he earned 0 dollar that wouldn't change the price of the games 1USD. Just look at this wages versus the number of games sold a year. Similar to if top management of McDonalds earned minimum wage that wouldn't raise the pay of each employee more than 5USD a month.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."