By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation announces strategic partnership with rapper Travis Scott

shikamaru317 said:

Gotta be honest, never even heard of him before today, and I've seen several others replying to tweets about this partnership with "who?". Apparently he has sold 45m+ records, how have I never heard of him? I haven't listened to much rap since the 2000's honestly, switched over to rock/metal around about 2008, so most of the rappers I know released music in the 2000's. 

I think he dated a Kardashian/Jenner for a while or something. I only remember ever seeing him during that brief Super Bowl halftime appearance where everyone got really pissed about the whole SpongeBob introduction fake-out, only for it to lead into a Travis Scott rap.

Around the Network

I swear a read "tragic partnership"... well I don't think this will amount to anything.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Literally never heard of him.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Some of y'all really live under a rock lol.

Even if you don't know his music, his meal at McDonald's went pretty viral a few weeks ago and he had that Fortnite concert earlier this year, also went pretty viral.

This PlayStation partnership is really no surprise

It's lit

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Gotta be honest, never even heard of him before today, and I've seen several others replying to tweets about this partnership with "who?". Apparently he has sold 45m+ records, how have I never heard of him? I haven't listened to much rap since the 2000's honestly, switched over to rock/metal around about 2008, so most of the rappers I know released music in the 2000's. 

Tldr about La Flame (his nickname)

He's a producer turned rapper tbat became a Kanye West protege in the early 2010s and blossomed from there. He really began to bi the mainstream with his album Astroworld that came out in 2018 which sold incredibly well. 

Since then hes went on to perform at the Superbowl, and have a successful partnership with NIKE, Fortnite and McDonald's. 

Travis is a pretty good get for Sony to use as the face of the PS5 marketing.

*blasts Sicko mode in Gamestop*
YOU KNOW WHAT I WANT, Give me the Travis Station

shikamaru317 said:

Xbox saw Sony's Travis Scott deal and raised them by one Snoop Dogg Xbox Series X fridge:

I thought Snoop moved over to Playstation a few years ago after complaining about Xbox Live issues on Twitter. 

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Some of y'all really live under a rock lol.

Even if you don't know his music, his meal at McDonald's went pretty viral a few weeks ago and he had that Fortnite concert earlier this year, also went pretty viral.

This PlayStation partnership is really no surprise

I heard of the meal from something completely unrelated, but I never knew he was a rapper or someone famous. I figured he was a guy that died and McDonald's named the meal after him.