By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation announces strategic partnership with rapper Travis Scott

lets go travis!
i dont wanna wake up!

Around the Network

I only knew about him when he got a meal named after him at McDonalds. Anyway, there are tons of famous people most of us have never heard of, in this age of internet fame it isn't that uncommon.

Unsurprisingly VGC is not quite the demographic this partnership is aimed at. Most endorsements like this are aimed at the young and trendy :p (and impressionable)

Going by both launch ads, both MS but especially Sony want to have the African American demographic identify with their console. Every demographic is important

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
Going by both launch ads, both MS but especially Sony want to have the African American demographic identify with their console. Every demographic is important

For sure true, but you're underestimating how much of modern youth culture is influenced by AA culture. Sony and MS aren't aiming at African Americans with things like this, they're aiming at young people.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Xbox saw Sony's Travis Scott deal and raised them by one Snoop Dogg Xbox Series X fridge:

Okay that Xbox chain is ICY 🥶 

PortisheadBiscuit said:
Some of y'all really live under a rock lol.

Even if you don't know his music, his meal at McDonald's went pretty viral a few weeks ago and he had that Fortnite concert earlier this year, also went pretty viral.

This PlayStation partnership is really no surprise

I know, right?  I don't hear/like his music but even I know of him, and I mostly listen to pre-2010 music.

shikamaru317 said:

Xbox saw Sony's Travis Scott deal and raised them by one Snoop Dogg Xbox Series X fridge:

Now that's a literally cool thing!

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1319804004512141312?s=21

Don’t want to start anything, but now I’m convinced both companies competing for the black demographic.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Ka-pi96 said:
jason1637 said:

Tldr about La Flame (his nickname)

He's a producer turned rapper tbat became a Kanye West protege in the early 2010s and blossomed from there. He really began to bi the mainstream with his album Astroworld that came out in 2018 which sold incredibly well. 

Since then hes went on to perform at the Superbowl, and have a successful partnership with NIKE, Fortnite and McDonald's. 

What's his association with a presidential wannabe got to with either rap or PlayStation though?

Thats how he became popular at first  in rap because of his association with Ye.