By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Peter Parker in PS5 remaster seems to have been changed to look more like Tom Holland

My thoughts exactly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

The original felt like trying to create a unique incarnation of the character specific to the game.

This new version feels like corporate synergy meant to promote Tom Holland.

Tom Holland is fine but a bit overrated and Hollywood is trying to make him a movie star.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

As someone who hasn't played the OG game the change looks better, the new Peter is still distinct from Tom but has a more memorable face than the old. Age wise, he looks his age although that screengra makes him look younger. The old Peter looked like he was approaching 30 tbh

I wonder why it's a forced change? Why can't we have the option to choose which face we want?

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Okay, regardless of how he looks. Why?

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

What does it matter? People are so whiny these days

The new Peter looks better to me. In the OG version Peter looks like he's in his 30's, this one looks more in line with a young adult in his early 20's. It also kinda fits more in line new films better, which is probably their intention.

Last edited by hinch - on 30 September 2020

coolbeans said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the reason is more financial. The face model could've been negotiating for Remastered residuals or something.

I was thinking the same thing.

Personally because I never played the PS4 version this doesn't really have any effect of me but I wouldn't be surprised if there'll be some negativity from those that have played it already since they've been accustomed to the original face.

Please don't change Mary Jane. Old perter was better. I can't take fake Tom with Yuri's voice seriously in the emotional scenes and those who played it know which ones.

Last edited by Leynos - on 30 September 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

He doesn't look like Tom Holland but he looks much younger and it doesn't really fit with him having been spiderman for a while. He looks like he's 1/2 years deep. Not a fan of the change.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'