By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Peter Parker in PS5 remaster seems to have been changed to look more like Tom Holland

shikamaru317 said:
mjk45 said:

The news article on the front page says they made the change because it matches Yuri's VA better.

The PS4 character models was based on Yuri, Peter's voice actor

New one seems to be using a different model.

The 2018 cast for Spiderman was John Bubniak. Its in the article I linked before.

Its like going from one extreme to the other from a guy looking like he's approaching 30 to a guy barely in his 20's lol.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
mjk45 said:

The news article on the front page says they made the change because it matches Yuri's VA better.

If you ask me the PS4 character model looks more like Yuri than the new model does:

Sounds like a bogus excuse they are giving to me. I'm guessing the original model wanted more money for the remaster since the original release was massively successful, so they went with a new model who would work for less. 

I agree about the old model looking more like Yuri, but It probably had more to do with how the voice matched the character in their eyes rather than wanting it to look like Yuri, in regards to the contract who knows but I doubt it unless they were asking for exorbitant money in this day and age contracts of this sort usually include terms for remuneration for remasters .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

its fine, just like tomb raider 2013 and the definitive version lol
both faces are fine,

i do think both newer versions of spidey and tomb are more appealing!

shikamaru317 said:
mjk45 said:

If you ask me the PS4 character model looks more like Yuri than the new model does:

Sounds like a bogus excuse they are giving to me. I'm guessing the original model wanted more money for the remaster since the original release was massively successful, so they went with a new model who would work for less. 

In 2018, it's hard to believe they didn't plan on remasters and sequels, and include that in the contract.

Damn people on youtube are insanely upset about this ,there are really bigger problems in the world (of gaming)

Around the Network

Can't believe I'm the first to post this. I expected more of this community.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

shikamaru317 said:

Personally, I think it's a bad change. Tom Holland only works as a teenage Spider-Man because he looks like a teenager even though he is 24. Peter Parker in the game is supposed to be 23, but now he looks like he is 15. I wish they had kept the old character model, I think it is much better for a 23 yo Peter. 

I think the Tom Holland look works. I can believe that character is 23.

It's someone named Ben Jordan. Never heard of him but either way, it looks similar to Tom and it just does not fit this game because as I mentioned. Peter is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal. Hearing his voice come out of what people perceive as Tom Holland will ruin specific scenes undermining the entire story. One of those scenes hits harder in 2020 than it did in 2018 as it's more fitting now.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Please, don't change MJ. She's among the prettiest in all video games.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Well, it would have been even weirder if they change the face for Spiderman 2 on PS5, so the change on the remastered allows them to transition nicely for Tom Holland like face for Spiderman 2.