By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly results (Switch 68.3m, Animal Crossing 26.04m)

3DS nicely stopping at 76m (didn't buy one... lol)

They should start remaking more DS/3DS software (enough with the Switch ones... well there aren't that many left anymore xD),
or maybe even better continue them by making a sequel just like they did with Clubhouse Games.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 05 November 2020

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

Amazing numbers, and I was spot on for some figures

What did vgc have Switch at before the adjustments?

Already 12m+, and 100m+ software in half fiscal year. Did wii or ds reach this software sales?
Ring fit, luigis mansion, nsmbu and all Stars in good shape to reach 10m eventually.

Marth said:
Nintendo upped the forcast to 24M units of hardware

Lol Nintendo again is making an impossibly lowball prediction. I literally see now way this sells as low as 24 Million when we saw the Switch sell 6Million and 7Million in regular quarters.

Around the Network

Honestly this quarter in hardware sales exceeded my expectations a little bit, I though this quarter the Switch would've probably sold 5 million and maybe lower than the last quarter since the Animal Crossing craze would die down, however it sold nearly 7 Million. So around 12 MILLION SOLD IN 2 Average QUARTERS! There is now no doubt in my mind the Switch will have the greatest year of any console in history, even beating out the DS.

Also, congratulations for Mario Kart 8 now taking Mario Kart Wii's spot as the greatest selling racing game of all time when you combine MK8 Wii U and MK8 Switch. Well deserved since I love Mario Kart 8!

Origami King has now outsold Thousand Year Door and Sticker Star to become the second highest selling series entry, less than a million behind the leader, Super Paper Mario.

Mario Odyssey is also closing on Sword/Shield; as of the last quarterly report it was 160k behind, now just 30k.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 November 2020

Yeah Nintendo is going to beat it's yearly forecast during the holiday quarter alone.

curl-6 said:

Origami King has now outsold Thousand Year Door and Sticker Star to become the second highest selling series entry, less than a million behind the leader, Super Paper Mario.

Mario Odyssey is also closing on Sword/Shield; as of the last quarterly report it was 160k behind, now just 30k.

Mario Odyssey has better production values. Odyssey is a AAA game. Pokemon is a B launch, at best an A project. 

It helps.

And Odyssey is a top-rated 3d Mario game, Pokemon is not a top-rated pokemon game. 

The 24m could be based on current production. They might be able to manufacture much more than that. They already upped production of course, thus the adjustment, so maybe they will be able to increase production by next quarter and thus another upward adjustment.