By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly results (Switch 68.3m, Animal Crossing 26.04m)

Stellar_Fungk said:
Curl, can you please add Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to the OP?

They don't seem to have posted an updated number, if you can find one please provide it and I will happily update the OP. :)

Around the Network

Switch is unstoppable

BotW almost at 20M on Switch 

Xenoblade Chronicles DE did pretty well for the kind of game it is and considering it is a remaster.

Zero_Revolution said:
I do wish they would update us on some games that didn't reach 1 million in this fiscal year, because it really would be interesting to see where some games like Fire Emblem land, that one has to be over 3m by now making it the best selling in the series and genre.

I was just thinking the same thing. I would love to know where FE and XC2 are right now.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Ring Fit Adventure was at 4 million last quarter, so it did 1.84 million this quarter, nearly a year after it's launch.
Holy guacamole, that's some fine legs.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 05 November 2020

So records the Switch has broken:
1. NPD - 22-month streak at #1 (Previously held by Xbox 360 at 21 months)
2. Highest 12 months for a home console at 26.62 million - although given the Switch is actually a hybrid, I'm not sure if this can fairly be considered knocking out the Wii's home console record.
3. Highest worldwide sales of any summer quarter of any dedicated gaming hardware at 6.86 million.
4. Animal Crossing holds the 6-month sales record at 26.04 million for a single platform beating GTA 5s PS3 total at 17.974 million. It might beat GTA 5's 9-month record even including multiplatform sales, which is 32.35 million. It needs to sell ~6.5 million this holiday quarter to do so, and will almost certainly beat its 33 million year 1 record (based on VGChartz sales data, the 12-month shipments were 34 million).

Any others?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Damn, with Switch numbers selling like this, maybe it could outsell the GameCube in its lifetime!

javi741 said:
Damn, with Switch numbers selling like this, maybe it could outsell the GameCube in its lifetime!

Let's not get carried away now. We know from the Wii U there's only 13.56 million Nintendo fans, and it remains to be seen how many non-fans the Switch can convert when it lacks power, AAA third party support, and multimedia features.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 06 November 2020

padib said:

Mario Odyssey at 18.9M vs NSMBU at 8.3M.

Let's finally kill the idea that 2D Mario has better selling power than 3D Mario.

Shout out to Rol.

Look at 3ds, wiiu,ds and wii. Is more or on the same level.

It's a AAA NEW game vs a B port.

One new AAA 2d Mario could sell 25/30M 

padib said:

Mario Odyssey at 18.9M vs NSMBU at 8.3M.

Let's finally kill the idea that 2D Mario has better selling power than 3D Mario.

Shout out to Rol.

That doesn't really say anything of the sort to disprove it one is a ground up title the other is ported over that had already sold 5.8m prior on another platform making it's total 14.1m only 4.8m behind SMO It'll eventually catch and overtake SMO in total.

Xenoblade Remake sure did well despite not reaching 2 million