By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly results (Switch 68.3m, Animal Crossing 26.04m)

TruckOSaurus said:
Slownenberg said:

Yeah that absolutely should release a Wii Sports Club Deluxe or something on the Switch. Won't take much work and would sell millions, assuming its not $60. I'd surely buy it at a discounted price.

2D Mario is needed as well. I'm hoping that will be a major title next year, or at the very latest 2022.

I'm hoping that we haven't heard about a 2D Mario game because they're working on a title that's not part of the "New" series and that's taking them more time to develop.

Oh yeah it really needs to be a completely new series. The New series has had its time and it's time for something fresh. That was very obvious playing through NSMBU:D. It'd be cool if they went a Yoshi route with 2D Mario now, where each game is in a different style, they only make one per gen and 2D Mario is obviously one of their biggest series so that wouldn't be too much to ask.

Around the Network
padib said:

Mario Odyssey at 18.9M vs NSMBU at 8.3M.

Let's finally kill the idea that 2D Mario has better selling power than 3D Mario.

Shout out to Rol.

???

sarcasm or real?

You're comparing a flagship 3D Mario vs a mediocre port of an old game in the New series (which feels tired now and is need of a refresh) that came out in January with little fanfare at all.

Wait for a brand new 2D Mario to come out - that could definitely sell north of 20 million.

get a room you two

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

padib said:
RolStoppable said:

People are wondering if you are being sarcastic or for real. Your latest post doesn't help your case.

My case of dealing with people like you who can't put two and two together, and the flock of idiots trailing behind you?

It's not my fault you guys can't do simple math.

If MK8 Deluxe beats Odyssey with 30M vs 19M, and it's a port, then why can't NSMBU? The answer is obvious, 2D Mario is outdated now, and 3D Mario beat it fair and Square.

Dude. Can you really not tell the difference between the comparisons you're describing? Come on man, stop trolling. It's lame.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-fy3-2021-q2-earnings-release-switch-hardware-q2-6-85m-42-7-yoy-68-3m-ltd.319450/post-50685853
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-software-and-hardware-sales-data-from-1983-to-present.2725/post-50701693

As of June 2020:

1-2 Switch -- 3.31m
ARMS -- 2.47m
Astral Chain -- 1.14m
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (NSW) -- 1.58m
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (NSW) -- 2.93m
Fire Emblem: Three Houses -- 3.02m
Kirby Star Allies -- 3.15m
Mario Tennis Aces -- 3.29m
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order -- 1.13m
Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit -- 1.37m
Octopath Traveler (outside Japan) -- 1.68m
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX -- 1.43m
Pokkén Tournament DX (outside Japan) -- 1.80m
Super Mario Maker 2 -- 5.89m
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (NSW) -- 4.57m
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 -- 2.05m
Yoshi's Crafted World -- 2.09m

Last edited by AlbiNecroxz - on 06 November 2020

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

Around the Network
AlbiNecroxz said:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-fy3-2021-q2-earnings-release-switch-hardware-q2-6-85m-42-7-yoy-68-3m-ltd.319450/post-50685853

Riding on the wave of this post, here is the update for Xenoblade Chronicles 2's sales since I saw people in this thread asking about it. As for june the game shipped 2.05M copies, up from 1.92M since december 2019, being as of now the best selling game for the franchise for an actually pretty big margin.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/xenoblade-chronicles-2-sells-2-05-million-copies-160k-copies-sold-in-the-last-6-months.320494/

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

More interested in Q3 results. I really want to see how well Mario Kart live is selling. So far only numbers for Japan have been shown and it is not selling well at all.

Luigi's Mansion 3 has sold 2.46 million in the 9 months from January to September, so it should definitely leg it out to the 10 million plus club. (2.17 million to go)

Last edited by curl-6 - on 06 November 2020

As of June 2020:

1-2 Switch -- 3.31m
ARMS -- 2.47m
Astral Chain -- 1.14m
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (NSW) -- 1.58m
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (NSW) -- 2.93m
Fire Emblem: Three Houses -- 3.02m
Kirby Star Allies -- 3.15m
Mario Tennis Aces -- 3.29m
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order -- 1.13m
Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit -- 1.37m
Octopath Traveler (outside Japan) -- 1.68m
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX -- 1.43m
Pokkén Tournament DX (outside Japan) -- 1.80m
Super Mario Maker 2 -- 5.89m
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (NSW) -- 4.57m
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 -- 2.05m
Yoshi's Crafted World -- 2.09m

I'm unable to find a source on these numbers other then the Resetera post that the user have since removed. Do you know where these numbers came from?

Last edited by deerox - on 07 November 2020

So...

- Link's Awakening remake has comfortably outsold the Gameboy original

- Kirby Star Allies is the second highest selling Kirby game

- Mario Tennis Aces is the highest selling Mario Tennis game

- Yoshi's Crafted World outsells Woolly World on Wii U and 3DS combined

Last edited by curl-6 - on 07 November 2020