By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo quarterly results (Switch 68.3m, Animal Crossing 26.04m)

Why did Super Mario Odyssey only sell 70k (1.51 mil. overseas) and Luigi's Mansion only 90k (1.42 mil. overseas) in Japan during this 6 months? If you compare the ratio between Japan and overseas for the other titles listed, the numbers of these to games are very low for Japan. What happened? Theoretically, they could be short on supply at retailers but it wouldn't make sense as any retailer wants to have those top tier Nintendo titles on the shelf and it's easy for Nintendo to produce enough for the local market. But even if they are short on supply you still can buy them via e-shop. I really don't understand those low numbers.

Around the Network
Dyotropic said:
More interested in Q3 results.

I think we all are, Nintendo's next quarterly report is going to be one of their most interesting in a long time. It could even be their biggest ever if they play their cards right.

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

So...

- Link's Awakening remake has comfortably outsold the Gameboy original

- Kirby Star Allies is the second highest selling Kirby game

- Mario Tennis Aces is the highest selling Mario Tennis game

- Yoshi's Crafted World outsells Woolly World on Wii U and 3DS combined

At least, it assures that we'll see more beautiful artsy games from Good-Feel now. 

I wonder, another Yoshi or Kirby game ? Or maybe they'll tackle a new Nintendo IP (F-ZERO ??!!) ..... :)

They teased a new game last month with some concept art:

Apparently it's an action title with a Japanese theme set to release in 2021.

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Original IP ?! 

Nic-uuuuuuuuuu !

Probably first trailer/teaser coming in the begining of next year.

No confirmation yet but yeah it does seem to be a new IP. I hope it gets properly unveiled soon as I've enjoyed Good Feel's Kirby and Yoshi games and I'd like to see them try their hand at something all their own.

The figures of Animal Crossing are unbelievable. I do not own this game by my own, it's not a game for me, but I apprecciate its success. Wow.Mario Kart will hit 30m within the next couple of weeks/months, great achievement for a port, that's such a money making machine for Nintendo. They could have released Mario Kart Double Dash, 7, or 64 and it would have hit 20m + xD

English is not my first language, please excuse me if I am making any mistakes. Currently I am learning english and want to improve, so feel free to correct me anytime, thank you in advance! :)

Xbox Gamertag: AbysswalkerF

Around the Network

Ò_ó

So angry!!!!!!!!!!!

ò_Ó

Wait, wrong thread.

Ah well! I’ll post anyway!

Yay Nintendo!!!!!!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Agente42 said:
javi741 said:
I have to say I'm Pleasantly surprised and happy that a simple game like Clubhouse games sold almost 1 million units in the past quarter alone and is now borderline at 2 million. I want more simple casual fun pick up play games on the Switch like we saw during the Wii era with stuff like Wii Sports and Wii Play, I hope this sends a message to Nintendo that there is demand for simple casual games like Wii Sports/Clubhouse games so maybe Nintendo could make a sequel to Wii Sports on Switch or something.

Agreed.

One Switch Sports with online + coop ( teams?, maybe?), leagues, tournaments will be great.

And more 2d platforms. One new AAA 2d Mario e and new DK returns. 

Yeah a switch sports would be nice.  Heck I just started playing wii sports and wii sports resort again recently. 

A new wave race, 1080, Advance Wars or Battalion, and F Zero would be nice for me.

curl-6 said:
Dyotropic said:
More interested in Q3 results.

I think we all are, Nintendo's next quarterly report is going to be one of their most interesting in a long time. It could even be their biggest ever if they play their cards right.

Didn't realize hanafuda cards were so important to their bottom line.

sethnintendo said:
Agente42 said:
javi741 said:
I have to say I'm Pleasantly surprised and happy that a simple game like Clubhouse games sold almost 1 million units in the past quarter alone and is now borderline at 2 million. I want more simple casual fun pick up play games on the Switch like we saw during the Wii era with stuff like Wii Sports and Wii Play, I hope this sends a message to Nintendo that there is demand for simple casual games like Wii Sports/Clubhouse games so maybe Nintendo could make a sequel to Wii Sports on Switch or something.

Agreed.

One Switch Sports with online + coop ( teams?, maybe?), leagues, tournaments will be great.

And more 2d platforms. One new AAA 2d Mario e and new DK returns. 

Yeah a switch sports would be nice.  Heck I just started playing wii sports and wii sports resort again recently. 

A new wave race, 1080, Advance Wars or Battalion, and F Zero would be nice for me.

A new F-Zero would be a dream come true, provided it was handled respectfully and by a sufficiently talented studio. 

curl-6 said:
Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

Original IP ?! 

Nic-uuuuuuuuuu !

Probably first trailer/teaser coming in the begining of next year.

No confirmation yet but yeah it does seem to be a new IP. I hope it gets properly unveiled soon as I've enjoyed Good Feel's Kirby and Yoshi games and I'd like to see them try their hand at something all their own.

More New IPs

Have more two we don't know anything

The new more west RPG (action?) for Monolith

And the new game for Retro ( before taking Metroid Prime 4)