By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of the (soon) current consoles do you intend to own by the end of 2020?

Which of the (soon) current consoles do you intend to own by the end of 2020?

Only Switch 553 36.29%

Only PlayStation 5 350 22.97%

Only Xbox Series X|S 97 6.36%

Switch + PS5 215 14.11%

Switch + XSX|S 82 5.38%

PS5 + XSX|S 18 1.18%

All three of them 49 3.22%

None of them 160 10.50%

Total:1,524

By the end of this year? Only the Switch in that case. I still have plenty of games to play on PS4 and Switch to even think about getting another new console at this point. I will eventually get a PS5, but it's going to be the end of 2021 at the earliest.

Around the Network

Only Switch. I'll get PS5 down the line but I'm in no hurry thanks to cross-gen titles like Horizon and Spider-Man (and also titles I haven't had time to play like Ghost of Tsushima)

Signature goes here!

Switch + XSX

Yes, smooth

I'm content to stick with just the Switch at present. I preordered the Switch at launch in 2017, but have made no effort to preorder either of this year's console launches.

None. Not by the end of 2020 or any of the 2020s.

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network

I already have the Switch. The PS5 and XBSX are just too expensive. The games are also silly expensive. They are just not worth it for me. Just not feeling next gen at all atm.

Only Switch. I've had it since 2017. I don't think I'll ever get an Xbox Series S/X, and I'm likely years away from getting a PS5.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Just the Series X for me. I did pre-order it, and yes, it was a hassle.

Not getting a PS5 until much later like a couple of years from now. Cheaper. More games. Maybe a slimmer model.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Not buying any consoles this year. I might buy a PS5 next fall/winter if GT7 has released, I'll see if I'll get a Series X somewhere down the line, but as it stands there's only Forza Horizon that I really want on Xbox. I don't think I've ever bought a console on release, or even for a full year after release. I usually waited 1-2 years.