By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of the (soon) current consoles do you intend to own by the end of 2020?

Which of the (soon) current consoles do you intend to own by the end of 2020?

Only Switch 553 36.29%

Only PlayStation 5 350 22.97%

Only Xbox Series X|S 97 6.36%

Switch + PS5 215 14.11%

Switch + XSX|S 82 5.38%

PS5 + XSX|S 18 1.18%

All three of them 49 3.22%

None of them 160 10.50%

Total:1,524

None of them. I have no intention of buying a Switch since I don't do portable gaming anymore and I'm not into Nintendo 1st party games enough to buy their console for their very few RPGs.

PS5 sometime in 2021 when stock has settled down and I can get black panel replacements.

Might get an XBOXSX sometime in 2022-23 when saved money is at its highest and lack of interest is at its lowest. This is purely because a) exclusive Bethesda RPGs b) BC.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

I got a Switch on release day. I have no plans to get either of the other systems. I might change my mind in about 4-5 years, but I'm not getting another system any time soon.

Only Switch, I have yet to see any reason to purchase a PS5 or an Xbox Series S/X, neither has any interesting games for the near term future.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 02 November 2020

melbye said:

Getting both xbox and PS5 in the next few weeks, stock permitted

Obviously already own a Switch

Obviously, you have a beefy wallet.

Obviously, you are getting the two because of their exclusives.

But what will then be the console you are using for multiplats? This is obviously "not obvious".

Last edited by wohufana - on 02 November 2020

I already own a NIntendo Switch, and getting a PS5 soon.

Preordered online and was relativity hassle free. Got it within minutes of preorders opening on Amazon. Guess I was lucky, as I heard it was a absolute nightmare for most people to get a hold of one. Can't wait to jump into next gen, 7 years is way too long!

Around the Network

I already own a Switch, and I have thr Series X on pre order. Provided that stock allows it to be shipped before 2021, the PS5 will be the only missing console of the trifecta. I am not concerned about that one till the next God of War drops (likely to be delayed to 2022 or later), since I can play Horizon 2 on my PS4 Pro.

As for your bonus question, pre ordering a Series X was a fking nightmare. I will leave it at that.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Just the Switch and it'll probably stay that way for a while until next-gen consoles get a decent amount of games I want to play.

I already have a Switch.

I plan on getting a ps5 for Demon Souls whenever Sony makes it easy to buy one. So timing is in their hands.

Xbox, no plans on buying. I have a Xbox One and frankly barely used it over the years. Outside Ori (which is now on the Switch) and Halo.... MS needs to bolster their exclusives to get my interest.

Got a Switch since 2018.
Don't intend to buy either of the new consoles anytime soon.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Already have a switch and have a PS5 preordered. No reason to get an Xbox Series X/S, as it has nothing new to offer, no exclusives to speak of, nothing exciting with its controller, and is just...another Xbox with more powerful hardware. Hard pass.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android