By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of the (soon) current consoles do you intend to own by the end of 2020?

Which of the (soon) current consoles do you intend to own by the end of 2020?

Only Switch 553 36.29%

Only PlayStation 5 350 22.97%

Only Xbox Series X|S 97 6.36%

Switch + PS5 215 14.11%

Switch + XSX|S 82 5.38%

PS5 + XSX|S 18 1.18%

All three of them 49 3.22%

None of them 160 10.50%

Total:1,524

Currently have a Switch that my kids (11 & 13) and I share. I wanted to get a console that's releasing in November and asked my kids if they'd rather get the Xbox or Playstation...so now I have a Series X preordered. It was a bit of a hassle, but if it comes on time it won't be that bad overall. Harder than when I preordered Switch though.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Around the Network

I've had a Switch since day 1. I have a PS5 pre-ordered. Will also grab Demon's Souls day 1.

Series X I'll get whenever it becomes available. Was going to get it Day 1 with the all access payments, but that wasn't available in Canada at pre-order. So once I see it available, I'll sign up for All Access. 40 bucks a month with the inclusion of Game Pass seems like a steal to me.

getting that Series X baby.

Preorder was a laggy crashing mess but I managed to snap one up before they sold out

PS5

Depending on MS' first party output potentially a XSX as well down the line.

None of them this year. I will eventually get a PS5 but am not in a rush so all the people that desperately want it can fight over the stock that available this year and once the stock has normalize I grab one. I assuming that wont happen till next year.

Now for getting a GPU for my PC before end of year en garde.

Around the Network

Switch and PS5. Switch already have, PS5 will get in December with Spider man.

This really is the worst time to be releasing new consoles. Economic crisis, political unrest, supply shortages. I am a bit surprised they didnt decide to wait until next year. It's also weird to think the Switch offers a complete experience for $300 when only the Series S can hit $300 and Sony could only go as low as $400 for their budget model

Not jumping on the PS5 or XSX until next year.

Switch + PS5 + Series X

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I plan to get a Series X when Hellblade 2 and Halo Infinite are out. That is if neither game ends up a disappointment. But I am in no rush.

I never buy systems at launch, or at least I never have; I can't think of a single one that ever had a good enough day 1 lineup to justify spending hundreds of dollars.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 03 November 2020