By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin’s Creed Valhalla runs upscaled 4K / 60 FPS on PS5. Xbox Series X native 4K 60.

Well Watch dogs legion runs at 1440p on X1X, bet it is the same here. The former confirmed by DF.

Around the Network

this is a current gen game. Just wait till a proper next gen AC game is made, but by then they would have learned to push the systems far greater for performance.

DirtyP2002 said:

Arguably the biggest next gen launch title 

I stopped reading there. I guess that this Is your opinion?

What makes this the biggest than the other releases? Sales?

I'd just wait for Digital Foundry to weigh in when the game releases.

golfgt170 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Arguably the biggest next gen launch title 

I stopped reading there. I guess that this Is your opinion?

What makes this the biggest than the other releases? Sales?

third party i guess he's suggesting, but also he said "arguably"

Sales wise this will likely be behind COD and Spiderman in terms of per platform sales but still one of the big 3

Around the Network
Otter said:
Where does it say it runs native 4k on Xbox Series X?

Given the GPU difference my assumption would be that on PS5 its 1800p, but if they're upscaling to 4k maybe they'll stop at 1440p which also makes me wonder what technique they're using and whether they'll be any extra head room on PS5 compared to Series X in terms of FPS and graphic settings.

Can't wait for the digital foundary comparison.

It could be that the Xbox series X will run the game in native 4k with the same or slightly higher settings than the series S in 1440p. Which would be mid ranged settings. On ultra settings these kind of games (AC oddesey as reference) are very taxing to run in 4k/60 fps, on a high spec pc (RTX 2080 (super) let alone on a system with a price lower than that of a RTX 2070. 

On PS5 their might be two modes resolution or higher fidelity (settings on high) . What we do know is that the PS5 is across the board around 15-20% less powerful and lacks RDNA 2 functions like VRF. So as I predicted in an earlier post where the Xbox series X hits 2160p the PS5 will probably hit 1800p with the same framerates. 

Nevertheless the game will look absolutely stunning on either system. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
Otter said:
Where does it say it runs native 4k on Xbox Series X?

Given the GPU difference my assumption would be that on PS5 its 1800p, but if they're upscaling to 4k maybe they'll stop at 1440p which also makes me wonder what technique they're using and whether they'll be any extra head room on PS5 compared to Series X in terms of FPS and graphic settings.

Can't wait for the digital foundary comparison.

It could be that the Xbox series X will run the game in native 4k with the same or slightly higher settings than the series S in 1440p. Which would be mid ranged settings. On ultra settings these kind of games (AC oddesey as reference) are very taxing to run in 4k/60 fps, on a high spec pc (RTX 2080 (super) let alone on a system with a price lower than that of a RTX 2070. 

On PS5 their might be two modes resolution or higher fidelity (settings on high) . What we do know is that the PS5 is across the board around 15-20% less powerful and lacks RDNA 2 functions like VRF. So as I predicted in an earlier post where the Xbox series X hits 2160p the PS5 will probably hit 1800p with the same framerates. 

Yeah, but on which system will it look more stunning?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Random_Matt said:
Well Watch dogs legion runs at 1440p on X1X, bet it is the same here. The former confirmed by DF.

Exactly, Alex from DF said that yesterday about the Series X footage and said marketing 4k this gen is playing it fast and loose. So it seems like Ubisoft is using this upscaled technique for both PS5 and Series X in some games. 

vivster said:
Qwark said:

Yeah, but on which system will it look more stunning?

Xbox series X it has 20% more power on average, the PS5 needs to Switch its load between the CPU and GPU which at peak performance are already 10-15% less powerful and it has a lower Ram bandwith. So Xbox series X to PS5 comes pretty close to One X to PS4 pro. Now obviously games look and run better on the One X and the Series X will not be all that different. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Feels like 2013 comparisons except now I’m on the smiling side :)

Seeing the comments of people wanna delay the inevitable we’ll wait till Digital Foundry picks em apart. But I’m pretty confident Xbox will pull through on a variety of titles in the coming years. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.