By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin’s Creed Valhalla runs upscaled 4K / 60 FPS on PS5. Xbox Series X native 4K 60.

golfgt170 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Arguably the biggest next gen launch title 

I stopped reading there. I guess that this Is your opinion?

What makes this the biggest than the other releases? Sales?

I suppose you missed the part where he said "arguably".

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

Feels like 2013 comparisons except now I’m on the smiling side :)

Except the 40% power gap between XBO and PS4 resulting in 900p vs 1080p was noticeable. The 17% power gap between PS5 and XSX... no ones going to give a crap. 900p vs 1080p you can tell. 2160p vs dynamic dropping to 1980p or whatever... who cares?

The systems are much closer in power than XBO was to PS4, and at a higher resolution the differences are going to be even less noticeable regardless.

Barkley said:
sales2099 said:

Feels like 2013 comparisons except now I’m on the smiling side :)

Except the 40% power gap between XBO and PS4 resulting in 900p vs 1080p was noticeable. The 17% power gap between PS5 and XSX... no ones going to give a crap. 900p vs 1080p you can tell. 2160p vs dynamic dropping to 1980p or whatever... who cares?

The systems are much closer in power than XBO was to PS4, and at a higher resolution the differences are going to be even less noticeable regardless.

if noone gave a crap this topic wouldn;t exist

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Barkley said:

People give a crap because of console wars, and it's ammo. The difference between XBO and PS4 wasn't big, but it was there. The difference between PS5 and XSX is even less than half of that.

If it was 2160p on XSX vs 2124p on PS5 there would still be those saying "ooh look my box is better". But the end user ignoring the battles online...

Last edited by Barkley - on 31 October 2020

Barkley said:
kirby007 said:

People give a crap because of console wars, and it's ammo. The difference between XBO and PS4 wasn't big, but it was there. The difference between PS5 and XSX is even less than half of that.

it was back then for exactly the same reason.....

EDIT: BUT IT DOESN'T COUNT IF ITS AGAINST THE CONSOLE OF MY FAVOUR HURRRDUURRR

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Yeah I'd say anything from 1800p up is really hard to distinguish between 4k for most people on most displays. My concern would be if they use an upscaling techniques that leave artefacts.

900p however is immediately noticable compared to 1080p on any 40"+ display but not always by a huge degree and this will likely be even smaller but gonna have to wait it out to see it running and how well they hit their frame rate targets

vivster said:

Yeah, but on which system will it look more stunning?

It can vary based on different lighting conditions.  When placing the PS5 physical copy on top of the system, the whites and blues seem to compliment each other magnificently.  Not too mention the angles and curves of the PS5 to bounce off the light when photographing the physical game.

On the Series X it favors a darker lighting environment and the angle has to be just right to catch the green from the top of the system to give the radiant glow to the green on the game case.  

Now if you throw in a little fog all bets are off.  

I know the PS5 game case fancies itself in Winter, whilst the Xbox Series X is more of a Spring.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

kirby007 said:
Barkley said:

I've already explained the difference.

900p vs 1080p is noticeable. I very much doubt at the much higher resolution with diminishing returns and the less than half power gap the difference is going to be noticeable in standard gameplay to almost anyone.

900p vs 1080p is a noticeable increase in image quality.

1900p vs 2160p? is anyone going to notice?

That's my point. The gap this time is so small that the only people that are going to care are the ones looking for ammo.

Now the gap may be larger than this, we'll find out in a couple of weeks but I doubt it. There comes a point when a gap is small enough that the only reason to care is console wars.

Barkley said:
kirby007 said:

900p vs 1080p is noticeable. I very much doubt at the much higher resolution with diminishing returns and the less than half power gap the difference is going to be noticeable in standard gameplay to almost anyone.

That's my point. The gap this time is so small that the only people that are going to care are the ones looking for ammo.

ok so this purely based on a I FEEL on your side fine.

im out

have fun

kirby007 said:
Barkley said:

ok so this purely based on a I FEEL on your side fine.

im out

have fun

No it's based purely on maths. 40% vs 17%. Thanks.