By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin’s Creed Valhalla runs upscaled 4K / 60 FPS on PS5. Xbox Series X native 4K 60.

Barkley said:
kirby007 said:

ok so this purely based on a I FEEL on your side fine.

im out

have fun

No it's based purely on maths. 40% vs 17%. Thanks.

since when is 17%=0%

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Shiken said:
golfgt170 said:

I stopped reading there. I guess that this Is your opinion?

What makes this the biggest than the other releases? Sales?

I suppose you missed the part where he said "arguably".

arguably: used to say that a statement is very possibly true even if it is not certainly true. So, It's debatable and his opinion.

Arguably there will be a lot of games that will run on ps5 4k 60fps with superior graphics than ASS creed, which is so heavily advertised by MS.

Shouldn’t have any concerns with my 32” 1080p tv 😂

golfgt170 said:
Shiken said:

I suppose you missed the part where he said "arguably".

arguably: used to say that a statement is very possibly true even if it is not certainly true. So, It's debatable and his opinion.

Arguably there will be a lot of games that will run on ps5 4k 60fps with superior graphics than ASS creed, which is so heavily advertised by MS.

I am just going to leave this here...

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

See! All you doubters! This game was not held back by last generation! Despite being designed for the PS5, it still can run 4k/60 fps on the current gen Series X! What all you haters have to say now?!

;)

Around the Network
Barkley said:
kirby007 said:

it was back then for exactly the same reason.....

EDIT: BUT IT DOESN'T COUNT IF ITS AGAINST THE CONSOLE OF MY FAVOUR HURRRDUURRR

I've already explained the difference.

900p vs 1080p is noticeable. I very much doubt at the much higher resolution with diminishing returns and the less than half power gap the difference is going to be noticeable in standard gameplay to almost anyone.

900p vs 1080p is a noticeable increase in image quality.

1900p vs 2160p? is anyone going to notice?

That's my point. The gap this time is so small that the only people that are going to care are the ones looking for ammo.

Now the gap may be larger than this, we'll find out in a couple of weeks but I doubt it. There comes a point when a gap is small enough that the only reason to care is console wars.

Exactly. Upscaling techniques have gotten far more refined as well, nothing like the crude upscaling we had at the start of this gen.

Apart from that, my tv has only increased in size by a factor 1.25x (52" 1080p to 65" 4K)
1080p was more than enough for the 52" tv (still looks great on the 4K one)
1.25x 1080p, 1350p is plenty for this gen for me.

Actually from my regular sitting position I can't notice anything above 1440p, the rest is all a waste of resources.

Hitting native display resolution isn't that important any more since 4K dot pitch is so 4x smaller than 1080p and people have not gotten 4x bigger tvs. Temporal upscaling and anti aliasing techniques also make native display resolution far less important. DF is having to jump through hoops nowadays trying to count the pixels.

And yep, the power gap (percentage wise) next gen is even smaller than this gen.

Mar1217 said:
I can't wait to see people being stupidly scrambling to look at the pixel count on the tiniest blade of grass possible to justify their console of choice.

We've litteraly got too high in pixel counts to notice an obvious tangible difference, upscale vs native won't matter at this point.

At best maybe if you've got the space for a 60" screen and sitting at less than 4 feet in front of it ....

This is how it is though with these comparisons.  As someone who got Outer Worlds on Switch for the sake of portability (and don't regret it), I find it comical when people not pick such insignificant differences as the XSX vs PS5 versions.  It is nice to be able to know that you might have the "best" version, but at the end of the day both versions will look and play amazing.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Xbox news in twitter made a tweet saying that series x is the only next gen console that has native 4kand 60fps for the game. I guess based on that it may be true

https://www.windowscentral.com/assassins-creed-valhalla-runs-4k-60-xbox-series-x-ubisoft

60 FPS in full 4K resolution

You should also not look too much at the teraflops. With GPUs the number of cores is much more important than the clock frequency. There is also a video from Digital Foundry. A GPU of the same generation with more cores wins over a GPU with less cores but much higher clock speed.We will see more games that have a higher resolution on the XSX. Whether this plays a role is another story.

Last edited by Socke - on 31 October 2020

https://mobile.twitter.com/_XboxNews/status/1320813944026632199?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1320813944026632199%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-41510007975533948.ampproject.net%2F2010132225003%2Fframe.html