By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

1. Probably. Even the DS got the DSi, and the 3DS got the New 3DS.
2. March 2021.
3. $349.99. Switch will get cut to $249.99. Switch Lite will get cut to $169.99.
4. The vast majority of games will be 1080p in docked mode, and some games will support 1440p. More games will hit a minimum of 720p in handheld mode. I also think the screen will be slightly bigger and have more resolution. But it will probably be 900p instead of 1080p. There will be more internal flash storage. 64 GB or 128 GB instead of 32 GB.
5. We'll get at least one other Switch SKU at some point, like a home console only Switch.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

1. Does it exist - Yes (when was the last time Nintendo didn't have a new version of a handheld device during its last 4 years?).

2. When will it launch (March 2021 with Botw 2. Botw 2 will have two versions, one for the pro and one for the regular, just like Botw 1 had two versions, one for Switch and one for Wii U).

3. Launch price - $350 (regular Switch will drop to $250 and Lite will drop to $175)

4. Hardware details - DLSS to do magic. LED screen that has multi touch technology. Increased ram so you can play two games at once and suspend software on both interchangeably.

5. Any other predictions etc. - It won't be called "Pro" as that will be confusing when the Switch 2 comes out. They've learned from their New 3ds and Wii U mistakes by now and will make console names that don't confuse consumers.

catofellow said:

I'd like to hear everyone's predictions based on the most recent rumors of the Switch Pro.

1. Does it exist

2. When will it launch

3. Launch price

4. Hardware details

5. Any other predictions etc.

1. Probably

2. May or June 2021... ready for summertime.

3. $339 - $379

4. 1080p-display. Around twice as fast in undocked mode (allowing it to use the old docked profile of the games. so up to 1080p). Maybe optional old undocked game settings for even longer battery life.

Around twice as fast in docked mode (allowing 4x the resolution of the old docked mode / ~2x the resolution of the old undocked mode). So games that ran 720p undocked and 1080p docked would be 1440p. Games that ran 540p undocked and 720p docked would be 1080p.

5. No prediction, but the name "Switch Dark" would be cool... opposite pole to "Switch Lite". If they upgrade to 1080p, a slightly bigger display would be nice... 6.5'' - 7'' due to smaller bezels, device size should stay the same.

Last edited by Conina - on 31 October 2020

Spring '21 launch, timed with BotW2 release. $299. OG Switch drops to $250, eventually OG Switch is faded out in '22.

Similar form factor, either same or perhaps slightly thicker.
Larger and perhaps better screen - probably still 720p, but maybe 900p.
DLSS 2.0 for 4k in docked mode.
Higher specs so that in addition to 4k also allows improved framerate for those games that have framerate issues.
128GB storage.
Battery life will be about the same.
This isn't a new system, just a normal Nintendo upgrade model - will play the exact same library with just better performance/resolution.

Possibly Nintendo will throw in some new interactivity that I can't even guess at and will make like one or two games specifically around that feature that can't be played on other models.

I think people just like saying Switch pro, but have no clue what they’re talking about or even what pro actually means.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
I think people just like saying Switch pro, but have no clue what they’re talking about or even what pro actually means.

I think it means pronoun

Jumpin said:

Just trendy ever since both Sony and Nintendo use it in their products. PS4 Pro. Nintendo has been using Pro controller since Wii. People know it won't be called Pro,it's just a term everyone gets what they mean when they see it regardless of the actual definition. LIkely be something stupid like New Nintendo Switch. Maybe if lucky something like Switch Plus. XL or whatever.

Last edited by Leynos - on 01 November 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Upcoming Nintendo hardware should be a Switch XL with a bigger screen and handheld mode in 1080p. Release somewhere Q2 - Q3 2021 with a pricetag of 329 - 349 $. With very much luck we also can expect an advanced TV mode with higher resolution and with even more luck an additional performance mode to play BOTW in 60fps. I don't expect the current regular model to disappear anytime soon, maybe during end of life 2023.

A real step forward should be the next generation hybrid system (Switch 2) coming someday in 2023. That were at least my next steps if I would be Nintendo CEO

It's just a NEW Nintendo Switch with some minor upgrades. No "Pro"

Why do some people get so upset about "pro" being used as the label?? It's just a placeholder name that refers to the upcoming upgraded model. When we find out what it will actually be called we'll use that name instead of a placeholder name. I tend to just say Premium Switch since for some reason people get strangely upset over "pro" being used. Pro would be better than New, cuz New is just confusing. Plus would be better than both, or XL if its an oversized version but I doubt they want to make the Switch a much larger form factor than it already is. I think Plus gets across the point that its an upgrade but not a whole new thing, Pro works just as well but the PS4 already used Pro so I don't think Nintendo should use that same label.

The media seems to also confuse the upgraded model with a next gen Switch. I've seen "next gen Switch" mentioned in so many news articles. We should just expect a standard Nintendo portable upgrade - a bit more power, better and/or larger screen, more storage, more memory, enhanced visuals - just a premium Switch experience.