By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Yeah it's launching 26th March alongside Monster Hunter Rise.

Around the Network

The sole reason that I'm not buying a Switch right now.

Is there a chance that Nvidia make tegra x1 in the 8nm process?

If yes, I could see the same system with a higher clock for performance and some little change ( bluetooth headset, better wifi for cloud and better screen).

Surely the new switch pro is 100% desktop for 1440p or 1080 60fps

I'm a bit skeptical of a switch Pro existing. Remember all the rumors a few years back of a Wii HD which never came around? I also agree that small marginal improvements are what we will most likely get like in the last new switch iteration, which didn't get a new name or new price point.
I like the idea of 1080p screen and mobile parity on power with current model docked mode. Battery improvements are always welcome, anything they can do to fix joycon drift. Also 4K output would be a marketing buzzword even if none of the games can render in 4K.

Lifetime Sales Prediction - 6/29/2013
Wii U - 38 million
XBOX One - 88 million
Playstation 4 - 145 million

Around the Network

1. Does it exist
Yes

2. When will it launch
Either Summer 2021 or September 2021 with a ~1 month gap between announcement and release.

3. Launch price
$349.99 with the standard Switch and Switch Lite brought down to ~$269.99 and $149.99 respectively. I also expect the standard Switch to be permanently bundled with a game from that point on.

4. Hardware details
New 3DS-level leap in power with DLSS capabilities, making it great at stabilizing frame rates/resolutions in existing games and not looking watered down on 4K televisions while not being so much of a leap in power that it makes standard Switch owners feel screwed.

5. Any other predictions etc.
It will launch alongside Breath of the Wild 2 and I expect most of my predictions on this to be wrong.

1. Does it exist - not yet
2. When will it launch - next year 2nd half
3. Launch price - 399
4. Hardware details - just a slight improvement over the base Switch with a 1080p screen but still way under a base XB1.
5. Any other predictions etc. - for the launch of Zelda II

I suspect a pretty sizable jump, but not a Switch 2 yet. They will likely go the NEW 3DS route where some games will only run natively on the NEW Switch, pretty much only on the 3rd party side however. The base model will still get those games, but likely only the cloud versions, while the NEW Switch could play both.

Other than that, you will see increased performance and resolutions, with DLSS 2.0 playing a big part. Nintendo wants the Switch to continue as a gen 9 device, and this is an easy way for them to pull that off. Less demanding 3rd party and all 1st party games running natively on both versions (NEW getting a performance boost), and more demanding games coming via the cloud by Ubitus, with potential native ports coming exclusively to the NEW model just makes too much sense. The last thing they want to do is cut the legs off of this juggernaut and release a new console cycle too early.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

catofellow said:
I'm a bit skeptical of a switch Pro existing. Remember all the rumors a few years back of a Wii HD which never came around? 

I think that's the sad part: the Wii HD was released actually, but nobody bought it. They called it Wii U.

1. Yes
2. 2021
3. $350
4. Nvidia Custom SOC, 8 GB LPDDR4X. 64GB Internal Storage
5. 720P undocked/1440P docked, DLSS 2.0. Smaller more compact design. Launching with BOTW 2. Possibly Odyssey 2