By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
catofellow said:

I'd like to hear everyone's predictions based on the most recent rumors of the Switch Pro.

1. Does it exist

2. When will it launch

3. Launch price

4. Hardware details

5. Any other predictions etc.

1. Yes, the Switch pro does exist. There's just been too many rumors pointing to a Switch pro ever since the Switch launched that makes it difficult for me to believe that every single one of these rumors from different are false. The rule of thumb when it comes to rumors usually is when the same one persists, there's likely some truth to it. Plus given how successful the Switch has been and since it's now their only platform, it'll be foolish to think Nintendo won't release more iterations of the Switch to keep sales momentum up in the future, especially when Nintendo handhelds and other successful Nintendo consoles have a tendency to have a bunch of different iterations in their lifetime. I believe a Switch pro will be one of many Switch iterations we'll see/

2.Literally since the Switch launched, their have been rumors that new iterations of the Switch such as the Switch pro or Switch Mini(now the Switch Lite) were looming right around the corner. It was said the Switch pro would release 2018,2019,2020, but it never happened but now rumors are persisting that it'll launch in early 2021 along with Monster Hunter Rise. While this might remove some credibility that a Switch pro will release, I believe for sure this time the rumors just been too persistent on a 2021 release, plus by 2021 the Switch will already be 4 years old and I believe we may begin to see Switch sales begin to decline YoY which makes me believe Nintendo will release a Switch pro in 2021 to keep the Switch momentum going. So I believe the Switch Pro will release 2021. However, I'm doubtful that it'll release Early in 2021 like some rumors are pointing too, I think the primary reason is that this Pandemic is likely making it difficult for Nintendo to move forward with their plans of a Switch pro and likely put them behind schedule when it comes to releasing the Switch Pro. Nintendo is already struggling to stock enough Switch's in 2020 and I doubt Nintendo would prioritize Switch Pro production over the current Switch's production since the Switch is selling so well right now and Nintendo may not even be certain a Switch Pro will do as successful in the future. Plus if Nintendo still might be nailing down the hardware for the Switch Pro if they're behind schedule, which means it's near impossible for a Switch pro release in early 2021 if they're still trying to nail down the hardware of it. Plus I think Nintendo would likely want to wait until Switch sales really begin to decline to not canibalize potental Switch sales by relasing a Switch Pro during a time where they are having a hard time meeting demand. So all these factors make me think the Switch Pro will release Holiday 2021, potentially with BOTW 2 as a system seller.

3.The launch price is a difficult one, because while my logic believes that if Nintendo were to release a Switch pro it'll either be 350$ or 400$, Nintendo doesn't really have a tendency to release a system at a price that high, as no other Nintendo system in history has ever been priced at 400$ even when you include inflation and powerful Nintendo systems such as the SNES,N64,GC. Now with Nintendo showing they couldn't give less fucks about the specs of their system ever since the Wii, it makes it hard to believe Nintendo will be excited about releasing a much more powerful 400$ Switch Pro. However, at the same time Furukawa mentioned in a recent investor meeting that Nintendo will continue to invest in high-tech and modern technologies which could hint that Nintendo is really looking to make the Switch pro significantly more powerful and as a result more expensive than we think. However, to be safe I believe the Switch Pro will launch at 350$ with the regular Switch maybe getting a price cut to 250$ and Lite going down to 150$.

Around the Network

A couple people on here saying Lite will drop to $150 when new model launches.

There is zero reason Nintendo would do that. Lite is already $100 below the hybrid and Switch has insane sales numbers, the only reason for a price cut on anything in 2021 is because a new model is coming it around the original's price which means the original will take a price cut. They're not just gonna drop the Lite because they are introducing a new higher end model. The new model will be $300 or maybe $350 at the highest (if it is $350 I think it'd drop to $300 within a year and likely the original no longer being produced at that point) so yeah the original should drop to $250 but that still leaves the Lite $50 cheaper without needing a price cut. At most I could see them bundle the Lite with like a 3 month or year long Online subscription to keep a bigger difference between it and the hybrid while at the same time promoting Switch Online.