By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I'd like to hear everyone's predictions based on the most recent rumors of the Switch Pro.

1. Does it exist

2. When will it launch

3. Launch price

4. Hardware details

5. Any other predictions etc.

Lifetime Sales Prediction - 6/29/2013
Wii U - 38 million
XBOX One - 88 million
Playstation 4 - 145 million

Around the Network

Probably just a Switch that can play regular Switch games at 1440p. Will it theoretically have the power to play games that the regular Switch can't? Yes. But Nintendo isn't going to allow for that, for fear of splitting the market. So don't expect to be able to play something like Cyberpunk 2070 on Switch Pro, when regular Switch can't.

Also Switch Pro might have improved Joy-Cons that don't drift.

Yes, it does.
Spring or summer next year.
Dunno.
New LED-lit screen. DLSS 2.0. New Tegra chip. Fully BC and more ram of LPDDR4X Probably 8GB. 6.5 Useable. 128GB built-in storage. Will be called NEW Nintendo Switch.
Still Joycon drift. We finally see 64GB cart games. Nintendo releases Nintendo Switch Pro Controller +. Has back paddles. No headphone jack.

Last edited by Leynos - on 31 October 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

catofellow said:

I'd like to hear everyone's predictions based on the most recent rumors of the Switch Pro.

1. Does it exist

2. When will it launch

3. Launch price

4. Hardware details

5. Any other predictions etc.

1. Yes, some revision is inevitable.

2. Somewhere between March and July.

3. 300 with a price drop and phasing out of the OG model.

4. I dunno. I don't know much about tech. But, I'd imagine the screen will be bumped to 1080, and it will be able to output at up to 4K, even if Switch games won't run at that natively. I also think they might do something with the controllers. Maybe add something akin to the Dualshock 5 features, or something unique. Potentially built in stylus.

5. I see them attempting to push a bit more into the more casual users. Switch Sports/Nintendogs sometime during the year.  

Around the Network

1. Yes, it exists

2. Launches in 2021, Q4 or late Q3.

3. Launch Price is 349 or 299. Switch regular model will be discounted to 249.

4. Hardware details...it has mini LED, 720p display still, but higher clocked GPU. possibly another architecture (such as xavier)

5. This will be announced March-May 2021. My expectation is that it isn't going to make any games 4k, but it may allow 4k output for applications.

Well, I am pretty confident, Nintendo will go the New 3DS route, so a new hardware with advanced abilities, but don't expect it getting more games besides a few exceptions. But it can play the existing games in higher quality and maybe even offers advanced control options. Especially the second point could be important, as the ongoing theme of Switch is that of option. Play in handheld, tabletop or on the TV. Play with a single joycon, or two combined to a controller (or a classic controller).

So, when will it launch? I have no idea, but I expect Nintendo planned for the release of the new gen of competitors, and that could well be the new hardware iteration. So next year might be a good chance. What will it do? Increasing the quality of existing titles, that means better framerate or resolution. I have difficulties to guess what new control options they could introduce, but I think that might happen.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

The ideal would be that the pro runs all games in handheld the same as the standard runs in docked. This means that all previous games released would be enhanced for portable gameplay with little to zero intervention.

And then new games would get specific modes to use in docked to take advantage of the new power.

If it's coming it'll be next year. Ideally it would be just $299 and the other models would be pricecut. They might even get rid of the standard switch and only have the Pro at $299 and the lite.

The power difference isn't going to be massive. But Switch Pro undocked matching Switch Docked is the must have feature.

Here's the catch: several things are dated either to end on March 31st 2021 or to start in April 2021. It's odd enough to not think of a new device/service.

And the inexplicable Doom Eternal issue, which is now called Doom, Eternal Delay. 7 month of delay for a version that should've been released at the same date than other versions, and still no release date, is very weird. And we know how bad the game runs on Xbox One S (resolution/textures wise)

Barkley said:

The ideal would be that the pro runs all games in handheld the same as the standard runs in docked. This means that all previous games released would be enhanced for portable gameplay with little to zero intervention.

And then new games would get specific modes to use in docked to take advantage of the new power.

If it's coming it'll be next year. Ideally it would be just $299 and the other models would be pricecut. They might even get rid of the standard switch and only have the Pro at $299 and the lite.

The power difference isn't going to be massive. But Switch Pro undocked matching Switch Docked is the must have feature.

I think that’s the more likely scenario.

Why create a significant power difference to the point where it’s a) more expensive than needed; and b) it divides the established user base? The majority of the base will likely not transition to the “Pro” model, at least not as significant as they would need to be in order for it to make it worth the R&D.
Nintendo would still want the hybrid factor because that’s the biggest selling point of the OG Switch in the first place (outside of playing Nintendo games).

While it would be cool to play Cyberpunk and FFVII remake on Switch Pro, I don’t know if third parties are willing to make it work unless it’s exclusive to the “Pro.” Which I’m not sure if it’s worth it.