By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase October 2020

A new Partner Showcase video has just been released! Take a look!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I'm interested in trying Control and Hitman running on Switch through the cloud. Could be their answer to the power gap between Switch and PS5/XBSX. Overall a good mini Direct.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Cloud-games means one thing: Switch can now have every next gen game.

Porting the first two No More Heroes is also nice. Age of Calamity has extra modes with the divine beasts. And surviving the aftermath looks like a great game. Very nice Direct.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

The best Partner Showcase ever imo

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

I'm suprised they just threw 2 cloud games in there like its no big deal. As far as I know this is the first time streaming to the Switch is done outside Japan?
Could be interesting for the future, but depends on the quality of it ofc.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

I have watched the Japanese Direct and it seems that they were spoiled in the east.
The Japanese direct seemed more exciting for them, providing some solid entries like momotaro and a release date for Rune factory 5.
More Japanese-taste games like A Ressha de Ikō (A-train) and Derby stallion, and Hataraku UfO that seems to be popular in japan.
What's more intriguing for me is the last game shown named BUDDY MISSION:BOND which sounds really interesting and it's a Koei-tecmo game exclusively for the switch.
I felt it was a good partner showcase and i was extremely happy with No more heroes ports and infos for the 3rd game.
But it must have been better apreciated by our fellow nippon comrades.
And yeah, i hyped up for a second when the speaker said : " introducing a new HAL game" expecting a Kid Icarus from nowhere, then i remembered that i was watching a partner direct.

Last edited by heavenmercenary01 - on 28 October 2020

I'm not sure if ports of No More Heroes I and II, a trailer for III, a port of Part Time UFO, and that cool Age of Calamity trailer are enough to make this better than the last Partner Direct. I'd say probably not, just because the last one had fucking Monster Hunter Rise, and Stories 2, and Hades, and Rune Factory 5, and Disgaea 6, and Ori 2 was a nice bonus. But man I'm unironically still surprised that these last two partner directs have been this cool, anyways. Like sure, a lot of the stuff here is stuff I wouldn't get (like the streaming versions of Control and Hitman III), but at least it's stuff that's interesting and looks like a more noteworthy release for the system.

Yea, I think it's safe to say I'm pretty happy with this year, overall. Helps that this new Age of Calamity trailer was a lot better (even if it's just showing off a map-gimmick by the looks of it).

Mnementh said:
Cloud-games means one thing: Switch can now have every next gen game.

Porting the first two No More Heroes is also nice. Age of Calamity has extra modes with the divine beasts. And surviving the aftermath looks like a great game. Very nice Direct.

What do you mean by "extra modes"? I just assumed that what was happening in that AoC trailer was the map's goal progressing with the divine beasts. Did I miss something? 

Also yea, Surviving looks neat, will depend on how it runs and how well developed it is though.

This game is a JRPG? 

I think the cartoonist is the same as one punch man, Yusuke Murata

This is the best Direct 3rd party so far, many nice titles, I think we will only get another one early 2021 with new Swtich model announcement

I think BD 2 was not delayed because of Covid, but because they were trying to adjuster the game after the feedback they got from the demo release