By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase October 2020

Cool.

Around the Network

Does anyone know how we pay for the Cloud games? is it like a subscription with a time limit?
If I buy the game today will I have a limited time to play it (say 1 year or 6 months)?

Supermario28 said:
Does anyone know how we pay for the Cloud games? is it like a subscription with a time limit?
If I buy the game today will I have a limited time to play it (say 1 year or 6 months)?

Why even support this? Supporting this will mean less real 3rd party support for Switch and devs will lazy out and keep doing this crap. I will also say the RE7 cloud version is trash. Has all kinds of connection issues. Of course it's limited. Once they no longer support the service in a year or two the game is gone.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Most interesting Partner showcase so far in my opinion. Bravely Default II finally has a release date, Immortal caught my attention and Age of Calamity looks cool. The only bad thing is that we still don't get any update of DOOM Eternal.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Uuuuh, didn’t know Switch had Cloud service. How do I even play them? Is Cloud in the eshop? :S

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Mnementh said:
Cloud-games means one thing: Switch can now have every next gen game.

Porting the first two No More Heroes is also nice. Age of Calamity has extra modes with the divine beasts. And surviving the aftermath looks like a great game. Very nice Direct.

What do you mean by "extra modes"? I just assumed that what was happening in that AoC trailer was the map's goal progressing with the divine beasts. Did I miss something? 

Also yea, Surviving looks neat, will depend on how it runs and how well developed it is though.

Oh, true, it could be map progression. I thought that it looked quite similar to the mode Ganons Fury in Hyrule Warriors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaYdj5_dEeM

But I could be wrong.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Metallox said:
Most interesting Partner showcase so far in my opinion. Bravely Default II finally has a release date, Immortal caught my attention and Age of Calamity looks cool. The only bad thing is that we still don't get any update of DOOM Eternal.

Oh, after playing the demo I can clearly say that Immortal is a game for me. Exploration like BOTW, fighting like AssCreed and banter from gods like Kid Icarus Uprising.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I wonder what service is providing the servers for their cloud based games. Potential for those rumors regarding XCloud and Gamepass on Switch gaining traction?

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

It was a pleasant surprise. Bravely Default 2 delay is disappointing but expected. Demo for HW is nice. No More Heroes ports are good to get people into the series.

Biggest news is cloud gaming which theoretically allow for very cheap PS5/XBox One X ports. Of course, that's only if it works.

Thankfully, the eShop won't let you actually purchase the game initially. It lets you download the launcher, and from there you can try the game for a brief period of time before deciding to buy it. So, people won't buy it not knowing it's streaming, or if their connection can handle it.

For me at least, it was pretty playable. There were occasional stutters, but overall it was fine. If I choose to buy control (which seemed kind of cool) I'd definitely opt for the PS4 or XBone version... but if there was a game that I really wanted that was only coming to PS5 and XBoxSx, I could definitely see myself settling for a streaming version.

The negative is that this might encourage developers not to try to make real Switch ports. The amount of sales a physical version of Control gets vs streaming may not justify investing in a port. Which would take away one of the key advantages of the Switch, as you'd only be able to play docked (unless you have really good wireless).

Intenet in Brazil is crappy so no way to play Cloud games for me when I have internet issues playing Animal Crossing lol