By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you enjoy driving?

I learned how to drive a bit late. I was 25 when I started the driving school. That was back in 2018, so I got my license two years ago.

After the final exam, it doesn't took long for me to get my first car. I drive at least once or twice in a week, usually to take my parents to shopping, or when I must go to somewhere far in the city.

I (fortunately) never got into any accidents, but as someone that has to deal with anxiety, sometimes I feel a bit of a disconfort before taking my car. I don't know if it's part of my anxiety problems, but I always feel like I could get into some serious troubles while driving, even if my parents says that my driving skills are improving each time. Maybe that's normal if you drive for less than 3 years. Maybe.

But after coming back to home safely every time, I can say that I really enjoy driving with my family. What about you?

Around the Network

Not really. Too many idiots on the road these days. I feel much better staying home and playing games or reading a book.

I find it relaxing and refreshing as long as I am driving by myself. Taking a good drive might be my favorite way to alleviate stress.

ive only ever driven three times in my life and i havent taken the next step because of anxiety problems.It really sucks

Sure, especially when the weather is good and I can open the roof of my car.

Around the Network

Didn't drive and get a license until my early 20s. I'm glad I have the ability to do so, but driving is a chore. I have very rarely enjoyed it. It is very stressful.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I like driving, but i am always a passenger. Because of screwed up eyes i am not allowed to drive. Wish i could, thank you so much Norwegian health-care:/

I’m pretty indifferent about it.

I live in a country that’s extremely busy, even at this time, so it’s not really my hobby because it’s too much work. Though I also don’t mind, driving at night is fine because then it’s less busy obviously and it’s also the best place to sing along with songs on the radio at an inappropriate volume.

My driving history is spotty though. I got my license when I was 18 already due to peer pressure (or really, I just wanted people to shut up about it), but then proceeded to not drive once after a month or two for the next 10 years because I lived right next to a metro station. One day about three years ago I was on my way to a meeting with my boss when he asked me to drive because he had a short night. I asked if he was sure because I hadn’t driven a car in 10 years upon which he replied that it doesn’t matter; it’s an automatic and a Tesla equipped with a billion safety features. After that my mother gave me her car when she got a new one herself and I quickly began to use it regularly.

No. I hate driving. Being a londoner I actually enjoy the train / bus but not so much tube, due to lack of seats, lack of signal and too crowded.

No. It's why I have never driven in my adult life. I did as a teen and I'd have full panic attacks.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!