By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TLOU2 is losing steam. Why?

Pibituh said:
Maybe I am reading it backwards, but he was banned for that post, I don't see any label on there.

Only some circlejerk stuff, and the other guy just told indirectly he was a bigot lol

People need to stop getting offended by people opinions.

Do not question VGC moderation. They are always right.

It's just like this game and Naughty Dog. These two things can never be wrong.

Around the Network

This is game is like one of those alfred hitcock movies, that was initially seen as a flop, but years later a revered classic. This game will be a case study years from now and be looked at as one of the best games ever made, and misinterpreted.

KratosLives said:
This is game is like one of those alfred hitcock movies, that was initially seen as a flop, but years later a revered classic. This game will be a case study years from now and be looked at as one of the best games ever made, and misinterpreted.

Imo technically and accessibility maybe?

I do not really see other things that are outstanding and this story can be good depending on the player but in a fastfood kind of way when you lay it next to other more unique ones from even indie games.

And gameplay-wise Naughty Dog games are not really known for reinventing the wheel.

Pibituh said:
Maybe I am reading it backwards, but he was banned for that post, I don't see any label on there.

Only some circlejerk stuff, and the other guy just told indirectly he was a bigot lol

People need to stop getting offended by people opinions.

I never said he was a bigot nor did I imply it.  He was the one acting like anyone who didn't like the game (or the vast majority) was a bigot or had backwards beliefs.  That is his own words.  Then he rudely dismissed me when I pointed out that many of use just found the story boring, even though I liked the gameplay.

When I pointed out that his dismissal was unwarranted and as closed minded as the bigots and backwards beliefs he keeps going on about, I never insinuated that he himself was a bigot.  If you reread the post, that is pretty clear.

Then I was met with insults and he twisted my words by implying I barely played the game when he said, "2 chapters of a 15 chapter book won't allow me to criticize the story."  This is despite the fact that I already stated I was 15 hours in before stopping, which is more than half the game.  The fact that after that much time had passed and I still found it boring and uninteresting (same with many others) was very relevant to negative word of mouth, and therefor the topic.

Then it was played off like I was saying there was no hate for horrible reasons, when I never made such a claim.  Just that they are a very vocal group of people, as many people just found the plot boring (because he claimed most people who don't like the story are a bigot or have backwards beliefs).  Read the conversation again, it is all there.

And no, I am not the one who reported him.  I am not so thin skinned.  In fact, our last posts were (somewhat as we were both still a bit sarcastic) peaceful and we went our separate ways.  But you cannot deny the hostility in those replies to me that started from a harmless claim that I found the story boring, so he made his own bed on this.

Anyway this is the last I am speaking on the matter.  I really don't care if he was banned or not.  I just wanted to clear the air a bit because you seemed a bit confused as to what just happened.

Last edited by Shiken - on 02 November 2020

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Immersiveunreality said:
KratosLives said:

I do not really see other things that are outstanding and this story can be good depending on the player but in a fastfood kind of way when you lay it next to other more unique ones from even indie games.

And gameplay-wise Naughty Dog games are not really known for reinventing the wheel.

I can write an essay on how good the story is, there is so much reflection to be made and analyzing. As for gameplay, it was reinvented. Enemy AI, and interaction , verbal/audio and damage model is on another level.

Around the Network
KratosLives said:
Immersiveunreality said:

I can write an essay on how good the story is, there is so much reflection to be made and analyzing. As for gameplay, it was reinvented. Enemy AI, and interaction , verbal/audio and damage model is on another level.

I respect your enjoyment of the game.

Yes the verbal/audio part i can also agree with

Immersiveunreality said:
Thread went as expected, humanity is not ready to talk about TLOU2 AND Star Wars.

I talk about The Mandalorian and Clone Wars all the time with no issues, lol
But in all seriousness though, that is because for some reason most humans haven't been able to understand yet that we're all different and see things differently, and in today's society, for some reason, people just feel the need to put a label on anyone that doesn't align with their own views.

My two cents:

TLoU was a 10/10, amazing game.

TLoU 2 was a 7/10, good game. And since beating the game is required for an opinion, let it be known I did finish the game.

Really it is quite simple for me, pacing killed the game. Basically I spent 15 hours being invested in Ellie, building up her skills and weapons. The game essentially resets with the second character. Having to re-build skills and weapons, along with revisiting places...  the second half didn't feel right, it was just off for me.

It didn't help the character switch occurs at an apex plot point. Waiting 10 hours to see how that apex plays out wasn't good design. The game would have been better had the second character been scenario B like Resident Evil 2. Meaning finish out Ellie, than replay the game from a different perspective.

I think TLoU2 was also hurt by being copy/paste from the first. God of War reinvented itself. Zelda reinvented itself. TLoU2 is fundamentally the same game, which at the end of a generation hurts.  I was expecting more.   

I didn't take any issue with the characters. But I did find the story far too basic. Ellie is all about revenge, so is Abby. The storylines were redundant.  And two sides hating each other just isn't original.  

Overall Last 2 isn't even my favorite ps4 game this year, Ghost is better.  As far as GotG, it isn't even top 10 ps4 for me.  Bloodborne, Souls 3, Nier, GoW, Ghost, Spiderman, Horizon, Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, Monster Hunter World and a few others were all better games.  

I had finished The Last of Us Part 2 several months ago. I personally like the game, but it wouldn't be my GOTY. That would go to Ghost of Tsushima. The story kinda dragged on to me, but I enjoyed the gameplay too much to stop playing. I think I would give it an 8/10.

Last edited by Mr.GameCrazy - on 02 November 2020

Chrkeller said:

My two cents:

TLoU was a 10/10, amazing game.

TLoU 2 was a 7/10, good game. And since beating the game is required for an opinion, let it be known I did finish the game.

Really it is quite simple for me, pacing killed the game. Basically I spent 15 hours being invested in Ellie, building up her skills and weapons. The game essentially resets with the second character. Having to re-build skills and weapons, along with revisiting places...  the second half didn't feel right, it was just off for me.

It didn't help the character switch occurs at an apex plot point. Waiting 10 hours to see how that apex plays out wasn't good design. The game would have been better had the second character been scenario B like Resident Evil 2. Meaning finish out Ellie, than replay the game from a different perspective.

I think TLoU2 was also hurt by being copy/paste from the first. God of War reinvented itself. Zelda reinvented itself. TLoU2 is fundamentally the same game, which at the end of a generation hurts.  I was expecting more.   

I didn't take any issue with the characters. But I did find the story far too basic. Ellie is all about revenge, so is Abby. The storylines were redundant.  And two sides hating each other just isn't original.  

Overall Last 2 isn't even my favorite ps4 game this year, Ghost is better.  As far as GotG, it isn't even top 10 ps4 for me.  Bloodborne, Souls 3, Nier, GoW, Ghost, Spiderman, Horizon, Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, Monster Hunter World and a few others were all better games.  

But she isn't. Only the first time you play as her, up until she does the thing that made a lot of fans mad. The second time you play as her isn't about revenge at all. She was just out looking for Owen whom was gearing up to leave and rejoin the fireflies based on a rumor he heard. A long the way you get captured by Seraphites that happened to have captured Lev and Yara as well. You break free with those two and get tangled up in their story for a little while, but the story doesn't take a turn for vengeance until Abby gets back to base for medical supplies and finds Ellie's handiwork. This was near the end of the Abby arc as well.

Last edited by Dgc1808 - on 02 November 2020

4 ≈ One