By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TLOU2 is losing steam. Why?

kazuyamishima said:
Dahum said:
6 months after leaks and almost 4 months after release and this groundbreaking and game changing masterpiece is still getting ppl triggered i see hahaha

Is going to get worse once it gets goty awards!

You have no idea how much i’m looking forward to that and i truly hope the game wins as much as it can.

Around the Network
Dahum said:
kazuyamishima said:

Is going to get worse once it gets goty awards!

You have no idea how much i’m looking forward to that and i truly hope the game wins as much as it can.

Did it have competition in the same genre this year?

Srassy said:
Darc Requiem said:
Not sure what's hard to understand about the situation. TLOU2 is narrative focused game. The gameplay isn't really innovative. So, for the most, if player doesn't like the story or characters they aren't going to like the game. There isn't that secondary hook to keep them engaged. As someone with no attachment to the franchise. It's been interesting to see this play out. I don't know the characters to depth that fans do. So maybe I missed something, but the story just seems really bad to me. People seemed to act certain ways purely for plot convenience. It seems like they didn't write a story around their characters. It's like wrote the story and wedged their characters into it. It's ham fisted and lacks any sort of subtlety. I could see what they were going for but, they failed at executing it in my view. From a technical standpoint it's a master piece and it's almost unfathomable how good the game looks even on base PS4. I don't think that part of the game is even debated. It's everything else that is. As someone that was a huge Mass Effect fan, it feels good not to be invested in a heavily divisive game. Having people dismiss your opinion off hand because it doesn't align with theirs can be aggravating.

As someone who did play the first game, the characters that were from the first game acted nothing like themselves throughout so your argument on the characters acting for plot convenience rings very true.

That’s totally not true. But you have already made up your mind, so it would be an exercise in futility to argue with your stance, so people shouldn’t bother.

Over 200 replies now! I dare say TLOU II might currently be the most talked about game on Vgchartz!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Srassy said:
Hynad said:

That’s totally not true. But you have already made up your mind, so it would be an exercise in futility to argue with your stance, so people shouldn’t bother.

Most other games you could criticize and people wouldn't rush to 'defend its honour' or whatever.  What is it about this game?  I honestly don't get how defensive you guys all are

If I had to guess, I’d say it’s the lack of genuine reasonable and backed by actual thought out criticism. Coupled with the nature of the criticism having, on most counts, roots in sexism, bigotry, and backward social ideals and beliefs.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
Srassy said:

Most other games you could criticize and people wouldn't rush to 'defend its honour' or whatever.  What is it about this game?  I honestly don't get how defensive you guys all are

If I had to guess, I’d say it’s the lack of genuine reasonable and backed by actual thought out criticism. Coupled with the nature of the criticism having, on most counts, roots in sexism, bigotry, and backward social ideals and beliefs.

Well I mean, I just lost interest halfway through.  I found the gameplay solid, but the story lacking and boring.  I just didn't care enough to keep playing once I had my fun.  It probably didn't help that I stopped playing in the middle of one of those flashbacks that I didn't feel like sitting through, so my motivation to fire it back up has been that much lower.

Not everyone who doesn't praise this game is a, "sexist, bigot, and backward in social ideals/beliefs."  Some of us just found the game to be a fun shooter with a lackluster plot.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
Hynad said:

Well I mean, I just lost interest halfway through.  I found the gameplay solid, but the story lacking and boring.  I just didn't care enough to keep playing once I had my fun.  It probably didn't help that I stopped playing in the middle of one of those flashbacks that I didn't feel like sitting through, so my motivation to fire it back up has been that much lower.

Not everyone who doesn't praise this game is a, "sexist, bigot, and backward in social ideals/beliefs."  Some of us just found the game to be a fun shooter with a lackluster plot.

Don’t comment on the plot part after admitting you didn’t even go through it. You don’t know what you’re commenting about.

From my knowledge, TLOU2 has the one of the highest if not the highest completion rate of any AAA video game that i’ve came across with over 60% which is crazy to say the least.

Hynad said:
Shiken said:

Don’t comment on the plot part after admitting you didn’t even go through it. You don’t know what you’re commenting about.

I am commenting on that after 15 hours, the plot was not interesting enough to keep going and therefore is lackluster.  If the plot was so great, I would have been hooked long before completing half of the game.

The problem here is that when you don't hear an opinion that lines up with your own, you claim "you don't know what your talking about" or cover your ears because you can't take the fact that your opinion is not law.  It is an ongoing theme with you.

But hey, good talk.  Good to see that, in a different way, your rebuttal was about as closed minded as actual bigots and people with backwards beliefs.

Last edited by Shiken - on 01 November 2020

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Most fans didn't liked tge story. Even if it is a tecnichal markstone, the story is what it matters.
It failed delivering on a compelling story.

So fans don't recommend the game and will hurt next ND day one sales too.