By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - TLOU2 is losing steam. Why?

chakkra said:

But not only that; the guy who was so powerful that scared the crap of the man who defeated Darth Vader then got his ass handed to him by someone who didn't even know about the force a week before.

Yeah, The Last Jedi gets all the hate but the issues of this trilogy actually started in the first movie.

That's correct. Ill never understand how Rey could match Kylo in a duel when she never used a light saber before, or learnt the force. Kylo not only knows how to use the force, has also been training hard for years in melee combat and is a considerable threat to almost everyone. Even Fin picked up a Light saber and stood toe to toe with a Jump Trooper.. Its like anyone can just pick up a Light saber and you are automatically considered good in the Disney films. Its clearly not my cup of tea.

What they did to Luke in the later films is like if Kratos, Doomslayer or Marcus Fenix all of a sudden are afraid of demons and the locust in their next sequels.. its out of character. Just like Joel's death. If directors want to kill off beloved characters than they need to sell it to the audience, it needs to be earnt. Halo 5 also copped the same flak with Agent Locke being the main character while Chief was pushed as a side character.. nothing wrong with Locke, and its not because his black, its because he hasn't earnt his stripes to be considered by the fans yet and felt forced. 

Last edited by Azzanation - on 31 October 2020

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Midichlorian count doesn't make somebody the most powerful though. He had the highest count in history from the moment he was born. Was he as powerful as Yoda (or even some average Jedi Knight) at that time? Definitely not. Potential =/= ability.

Not to mention there's more to being a Jedi than the force. IIRC Mace Windu was known as the greatest lightsabre fighter of the era, yet Yoda was the strongest with the force. Who would win in a fight? Hard to say.

Plus I think it's worth reiterating that he was never even the master. It seems a bit ridiculous to call somebody the "greatest ever Sith lord" when they were only ever the apprentice.

As for George Lucas, he also thought Jar-Jar Binks was a good idea...

Plus, I wouldn't say Disney turnt him into a coward. I'd say he was already that based on eps 4-6.

Anakin was the chosen one for the Dark side, weather he was the master or not does not take anything away, plus it doesn't change the fact that Vader is by far one of the most feared Sith Lords ever. Master is just a title, technically Palpatine never made Master since he murdered his master in his sleep and never actually graduated.

Even if you take away the best title from Vader and Luke, it still doesn't explain the giant mess of the new trilogy. Why would Luke leave his friends and hide on something he created? That's against his character, Why is Luke afraid? that's against his character. Why wouldn't Luke train Rey? that's against his character.

Also George Lucas has more weight in the Star Wars lore than any other. Plus adding Jar Jar Binks to your debate adds nothing.

You claim his a coward.. coming from the person who claimed Luke needed his friends to beat Vader when that was clearly false information. I am starting to doubt if you have actually seen the movies and now this convo is starting to get a little stale.

Azzanation said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Midichlorian count doesn't make somebody the most powerful though. He had the highest count in history from the moment he was born. Was he as powerful as Yoda (or even some average Jedi Knight) at that time? Definitely not. Potential =/= ability.

Not to mention there's more to being a Jedi than the force. IIRC Mace Windu was known as the greatest lightsabre fighter of the era, yet Yoda was the strongest with the force. Who would win in a fight? Hard to say.

Plus I think it's worth reiterating that he was never even the master. It seems a bit ridiculous to call somebody the "greatest ever Sith lord" when they were only ever the apprentice.

As for George Lucas, he also thought Jar-Jar Binks was a good idea...

Plus, I wouldn't say Disney turnt him into a coward. I'd say he was already that based on eps 4-6.

Anakin was the chosen one for the Dark side, weather he was the master or not does not take anything away, plus it doesn't change the fact that Vader is by far one of the most feared Sith Lords ever. Master is just a title, technically Palpatine never made Master since he murdered his master in his sleep and never actually graduated.

Even if you take away the best title from Vader and Luke, it still doesn't explain the giant mess of the new trilogy. Why would Luke leave his friends and hide on something he created? That's against his character, Why is Luke afraid? that's against his character. Why wouldn't Luke train Rey? that's against his character.

Also George Lucas has more weight in the Star Wars lore than any other. Plus adding Jar Jar Binks to your debate adds nothing.

You claim his a coward.. coming from the person who claimed Luke needed his friends to beat Vader when that was clearly false information. I am starting to doubt if you have actually seen the movies and now this convo is starting to get a little stale.

That last paragraph certainly won’t help it not get stale.

Funny how you talked about my commenting manners the other day...

DonFerrari said:
KLAMarine said:

Many things bothered me in this game. Here's one of them:

Spoiler!

Tommy ACTIVELY giving away his name and Joel's to Abby. Why!? She's a complete stranger! Neither Tommy nor Joel owe her a damn thing!

Abby owes Tommy and Joel her life actually, and we see how wonderfully she repaid that debt.

And some wonder why Abby isn't too well-liked.

Well Sure it was odd, but again they were different people than on the first game. They were set on a city and recruiting, they had saved the girl so he wasn't suspicious of anything strange that needed him being cautious. And about Abby there really isn't much reason to repay in a different way considering that she already had her mind set before hand.

"they had saved the girl so he wasn't suspicious of anything strange that needed him being cautious"

>The fact that Abby was a complete stranger should have been reason enough.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
KLAMarine said:

Spoiler!

Tommy ACTIVELY giving away his name and Joel's to Abby. Why!? She's a complete stranger! Neither Tommy nor Joel owe her a damn thing!

Abby owes Tommy and Joel her life actually, and we see how wonderfully she repaid that debt.

You didnt played it, move on with your life ,you been trashing the game since release.

Address the message, not the messenger: I don't need to play a game to assess its writing.

KratosLives said:
KLAMarine said:

Spoiler!

SPOILER! Sorry I don't know how to add spoilers, from my phone. 

What about in the first game when ellie/joel gave their names away to strangers in the first game, sam/henry.

What about how everyone in the first game, from davids camp, all of a sudden decided to stop searching for joel but all decided to go after a non important "ellie" instead.  

These didn't bother you? As for abby killing joel, she spent years in pain, gave up a lot, day by by with the intent to avenge her father. Mentally you think she is just going to forget all her rage and mission for revenge, even if the "enemy" happened to save her in the heat of the moment. Psychologicaly it's conflicting, but her desire and years of revenge chasing the man was a lot stronger. As for tommy, he killed her best friend, or close friend, not to mention other friends of hers. It's sad really, all the hate she gets, because it's not her fault. She actually has the biggest heart in the game, as evident from the flashbacks, the way she treats her own friends, the conversations we hear, she has her people's back , goes out on a limb for them, and not to mention willing to give her on life for strangers she just got to know, once considered enemies, and risked her life several times to save people. This whole thing is the result of joel's actions, yet people treat abby as some animal.

"What about in the first game when ellie/joel gave their names away to strangers in the first game, sam/henry"

>There are differences to consider: Ellie gave Joel's name away. Joel did not give his name away to Sam and Henry. Sam could have shot Joel but didn't: more reason to trust Sam/Henry.

Tommy looks Abby in the eye and gives away names: surely Tommy would know better? This after learning Joel had to kill a lot of people to save Ellie: Joel killed the Fireflies leader, Marlene!

Joel has reason to fear strangers!

And then Tommy and Joel agree to follow Abby to a den full of her friends; more strangers!

Ka-pi96 said:
KLAMarine said:

Spoiler!

What's the problem there?

Spoiler!
Telling complete strangers your name is... usually the first thing you do when talking to a complete stranger. "Hi, my name is ????" is the normal thing to say. I don't see why a zombie apocalypse would change that.

Considering you're killing more people than zombies in the game, seems to me complete strangers are more dangerous.

6 months after leaks and almost 4 months after release and this groundbreaking and game changing masterpiece is still getting ppl triggered i see hahaha

Around the Network

KratosLives said:

SPOILER! Sorry I don't know how to add spoilers, from my phone. 

What about in the first game when ellie/joel gave their names away to strangers in the first game, sam/henry.

What about how everyone in the first game, from davids camp, all of a sudden decided to stop searching for joel but all decided to go after a non important "ellie" instead.  

These didn't bother you? As for abby killing joel, she spent years in pain, gave up a lot, day by by with the intent to avenge her father. Mentally you think she is just going to forget all her rage and mission for revenge, even if the "enemy" happened to save her in the heat of the moment. Psychologicaly it's conflicting, but her desire and years of revenge chasing the man was a lot stronger. As for tommy, he killed her best friend, or close friend, not to mention other friends of hers. It's sad really, all the hate she gets, because it's not her fault. She actually has the biggest heart in the game, as evident from the flashbacks, the way she treats her own friends, the conversations we hear, she has her people's back , goes out on a limb for them, and not to mention willing to give her on life for strangers she just got to know, once considered enemies, and risked her life several times to save people. This whole thing is the result of joel's actions, yet people treat abby as some animal.

"What about in the first game when ellie/joel gave their names away to strangers in the first game, sam/henry"

>There are differences to consider: Ellie gave Joel's name away. Joel did not give his name away to Sam and Henry. Sam could have shot Joel but didn't: more reason to trust Sam/Henry.

Tommy looks Abby in the eye and gives away names: surely Tommy would know better? This after learning Joel had to kill a lot of people to save Ellie: Joel killed the Fireflies leader, Marlene!

Joel has reason to fear strangers!

And then Tommy and Joel agree to follow Abby to a den full of her friends; more strangers!

Considering you're killing more people than zombies in the game, seems to me complete strangers are more dangerous.

Joel should have known better and would have told ellie to not give their names to anyone, considering joel has crossed many people in the past, as one example. 

As for tommy giving his name, remember Mel gave her name first, she looked far from threatening, and also for joel, it was the heat of the moment,there is more than one joel in this world, they just escaped death with the help of abby,it is easier to drop your guard.Also the fact they haven't come across people in ages, and also the fact joel has just had a huge weight lifted off his shoulders, when ellie said she is willing to forgive him. So mentally joel is in another place, and feeling at ease for the first time in a long time. So you go and ask any psychiatrist if it is possible for any human to give out his name, considering what he just went through. 

Dahum said:
6 months after leaks and almost 4 months after release and this groundbreaking and game changing masterpiece is still getting ppl triggered i see hahaha

Is going to get worse once it gets goty awards!

A Leaked and bad words. People already Mad AF especially "youtuber" after they knew their beloved character had such a tragic treatment. And tha hate spread faster than covid-19.

ND and Sony still make a good money from it thou.

Not sure what's hard to understand about the situation. TLOU2 is narrative focused game. The gameplay isn't really innovative. So, for the most, if player doesn't like the story or characters they aren't going to like the game. There isn't that secondary hook to keep them engaged. As someone with no attachment to the franchise. It's been interesting to see this play out. I don't know the characters to depth that fans do. So maybe I missed something, but the story just seems really bad to me. People seemed to act certain ways purely for plot convenience. It seems like they didn't write a story around their characters. It's like wrote the story and wedged their characters into it. It's ham fisted and lacks any sort of subtlety. I could see what they were going for but, they failed at executing it in my view. From a technical standpoint it's a master piece and it's almost unfathomable how good the game looks even on base PS4. I don't think that part of the game is even debated. It's everything else that is. As someone that was a huge Mass Effect fan, it feels good not to be invested in a heavily divisive game. Having people dismiss your opinion off hand because it doesn't align with theirs can be aggravating.

Srassy said:
Darc Requiem said:
Not sure what's hard to understand about the situation. TLOU2 is narrative focused game. The gameplay isn't really innovative. So, for the most, if player doesn't like the story or characters they aren't going to like the game. There isn't that secondary hook to keep them engaged. As someone with no attachment to the franchise. It's been interesting to see this play out. I don't know the characters to depth that fans do. So maybe I missed something, but the story just seems really bad to me. People seemed to act certain ways purely for plot convenience. It seems like they didn't write a story around their characters. It's like wrote the story and wedged their characters into it. It's ham fisted and lacks any sort of subtlety. I could see what they were going for but, they failed at executing it in my view. From a technical standpoint it's a master piece and it's almost unfathomable how good the game looks even on base PS4. I don't think that part of the game is even debated. It's everything else that is. As someone that was a huge Mass Effect fan, it feels good not to be invested in a heavily divisive game. Having people dismiss your opinion off hand because it doesn't align with theirs can be aggravating.

As someone who did play the first game, the characters that were from the first game acted nothing like themselves throughout so your argument on the characters acting for plot convenience rings very true.

Sounds like one of my issues with ME3 then. Characters acting out of character and thus taking me out of the experience.