By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favorite Microsoft exclusive franchise?

What is your favorite franchise under Microsoft tender loving care?

Halo 16 22.54%

The Elder Scrolls 15 21.13%

Gears of War 10 14.08%

Banjo-Kazooie 4 5.63%

Forza 2 2.82%

Fallout 4 5.63%

Minecraft 3 4.23%

Killer Instinct 2 2.82%

Fable 4 5.63%

Other 11 15.49%

Total:71
curl-6 said:

For some reason I never played AoE3, not sure why, maybe I remember a lot of people saying it was nowhere near as good as the first two, then over time I forgot about it. I'm sure even my potato of a laptop could run it, maybe I should give it a go sometime.

It is definitely not as good as the first two games, Ensemble tried to direct the franchise into a different direction... It was good, it just wasn't amazing.

I remember back in the late 90's firing up the original age of empires and playing online via dial-up 33.6k on zone.com with giant 8-player FFA matches, 1,600 total units, while other kids were just starting to taste console split-screen gaming.

I do have rose tinted glasses with the AoE franchise which means I didn't look at AoE 3 as fondly, I recognize that bias, so it's not as bad, right? :P

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
curl-6 said:

For some reason I never played AoE3, not sure why, maybe I remember a lot of people saying it was nowhere near as good as the first two, then over time I forgot about it. I'm sure even my potato of a laptop could run it, maybe I should give it a go sometime.

It is definitely not as good as the first two games, Ensemble tried to direct the franchise into a different direction... It was good, it just wasn't amazing.

I remember back in the late 90's firing up the original age of empires and playing online via dial-up 33.6k on zone.com with giant 8-player FFA matches, 1,600 total units, while other kids were just starting to taste console split-screen gaming.

I do have rose tinted glasses with the AoE franchise which means I didn't look at AoE 3 as fondly, I recognize that bias, so it's not as bad, right? :P

Yeah I've got plenty of fond memories of AoE back in the day as well, either playing multiplayer with friends in the school computer lab, or just spending hours creating insane scenarios in the level builder. 

So what was this new direction they took withy 3 that sets it so apart from 1 and 2?

curl-6 said:
Pemalite said:

Yeah I've got plenty of fond memories of AoE back in the day as well, either playing multiplayer with friends in the school computer lab, or just spending hours creating insane scenarios in the level builder. 

So what was this new direction they took withy 3 that sets it so apart from 1 and 2?

3D

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:

Easy, Age of Empires.

My copy of the games, back when PC was still physical.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I didn't play on Xbox since the first one but I really liked Fable. A game that was exclusive, probably not owned by Microsoft, and I would like to try is Alan Wake.

Around the Network

Gears of War for me!

Thats a tough one.Its out of..Halo, Perfect Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Ori and Killer Instinct Id give it to Halo, but just. 

Last edited by Azzanation - on 10 November 2020

I voted Fable...but totally forgot about Age of Empires

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Halo. A truly immersive universe. Solid gameplay as well. GOAT tier.