By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favorite Microsoft exclusive franchise?

What is your favorite franchise under Microsoft tender loving care?

Halo 16 22.54%

The Elder Scrolls 15 21.13%

Gears of War 10 14.08%

Banjo-Kazooie 4 5.63%

Forza 2 2.82%

Fallout 4 5.63%

Minecraft 3 4.23%

Killer Instinct 2 2.82%

Fable 4 5.63%

Other 11 15.49%

Total:71

Halo is what brought me to Xbox in 2002 and I still play it till this day. Of course I've grown to love other Xbox franchises too like Gears of War and Fable, and with the Bethesda/other studio acquisitions, things have gotten a lot more interesting for Xbox.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
None of them. Every franchise listed is either long dormant, or over the hill. By over the hill, I mean the best games of these franchises are behind them. Subsequent games in these respective series will either stay the same quality or get worse over time. I expect Forza to stay about the same quality, and the rest of the series to more or less get worse as time goes by. Halo 1-3 and Reach beat Halo 5. Gears 2-3 beat Gears 4-5. Elder Scrolls isn't exclusive, and has been dormant for 9 years. Fallout jumped the shark with 76. Banjo Kazooie hasn't got a mainline collectathon platformer since the N64. Killer Instinct and Fable have both been long dormant.

If MS can successfully resurrect Fable, KI, or Banjo I'll change my tune. By successfully resurrect I mean make a great new game out of these series, not make a game that goes on to score 77 or 63 with critics. I have hope that they will do just that next gen.

You know, you could always just keep your opinion to yourself instead of shitting on Xbox every chance you get. This thread is about you're favorite Xbox IP, if you don't have one, don't say anything. 

It's like if someone made a thread about everyone's favorite Kingdom Hearts game, and I said, "None of them, they all suck." It adds nothing to the topic besides my annoying/shitty opinion on something I'm not even interested in. Right now, this is you, but you disguise it by trying to be clever and added a few extra words to make it not come off as trolling, but all you're really say is, they all suck. 

TES>Fallout>Halo essentially.

Haven't been interested in any until Bethesda acquisition.
Fallout > Elder Scrolls > Wolfenstein > Evil Within > Doom, if you count them Microsoft now.

Halo, you can't really count anything from Zenimax/Bethesda as exclusive until they actually produce something under Xbox.

Around the Network

Would Ori count? Because I'm playing Will of the Wisps and my God.
Yeah, I know it's on Switch but who knows what Microsoft is thinking these days. This might be the best "Metroid Vania" series ever.

Twitter: @d21lewis

Gears. But I absolutely loved the Ori games also if those count

My favorite exclusive of this generation was Ori & Sea of Thieves. I don't care if Ori is on switch now every one should get to play this game.

It should be a no-brainer with Halo but 343 really screwed up the solo campaign on Halo 5, but since Halo Infinite will be an Xbox One game that will probably be the best game of the last generation and the best exclusive on Xbox by far.

Tommy Jean, CPA, CGA

d21lewis said:
Would Ori count? Because I'm playing Will of the Wisps and my God.
Yeah, I know it's on Switch but who knows what Microsoft is thinking these days. This might be the best "Metroid Vania" series ever.

I would think so. I know they're not exclusive per-say, but still a Microsoft IP's. The OP does state at the end, what is your favorite Microsoft franchise, so this leaves it up to interpretation. 

Metallox said:
As someone else implied here, Age of Empires is kind of dead nowadays but Age of Empires II is one of my favorite games, so I can't discard it so easily. Gears of War games come close, I love their multiplayer sides.

Age of Empires has had a resurgence.

Age of Empires got remastered with a definitive version.

Age of Empires 2 got remastered with a definitive version.

Age of Empires 3 got remastered with a definitive version.

We also had Age of Empires 2 HD Edition back in 2013, which included new expansions and content.

Age of Empires 4 is in development as well.

The series is definitely alive and kicking.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--