By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favorite Microsoft exclusive franchise?

What is your favorite franchise under Microsoft tender loving care?

Halo 16 22.54%

The Elder Scrolls 15 21.13%

Gears of War 10 14.08%

Banjo-Kazooie 4 5.63%

Forza 2 2.82%

Fallout 4 5.63%

Minecraft 3 4.23%

Killer Instinct 2 2.82%

Fable 4 5.63%

Other 11 15.49%

Total:71

Haven't been interested in any until Bethesda acquisition.
Fallout > Elder Scrolls > Wolfenstein > Evil Within > Doom, if you count them Microsoft now.

Around the Network

Halo, you can't really count anything from Zenimax/Bethesda as exclusive until they actually produce something under Xbox.

Would Ori count? Because I'm playing Will of the Wisps and my God.
Yeah, I know it's on Switch but who knows what Microsoft is thinking these days. This might be the best "Metroid Vania" series ever.

Gears. But I absolutely loved the Ori games also if those count

My favorite exclusive of this generation was Ori & Sea of Thieves. I don't care if Ori is on switch now every one should get to play this game.

It should be a no-brainer with Halo but 343 really screwed up the solo campaign on Halo 5, but since Halo Infinite will be an Xbox One game that will probably be the best game of the last generation and the best exclusive on Xbox by far.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Would Ori count? Because I'm playing Will of the Wisps and my God.
Yeah, I know it's on Switch but who knows what Microsoft is thinking these days. This might be the best "Metroid Vania" series ever.

I would think so. I know they're not exclusive per-say, but still a Microsoft IP's. The OP does state at the end, what is your favorite Microsoft franchise, so this leaves it up to interpretation. 

Metallox said:
As someone else implied here, Age of Empires is kind of dead nowadays but Age of Empires II is one of my favorite games, so I can't discard it so easily. Gears of War games come close, I love their multiplayer sides.

Age of Empires has had a resurgence.

Age of Empires got remastered with a definitive version.

Age of Empires 2 got remastered with a definitive version.

Age of Empires 3 got remastered with a definitive version.

We also had Age of Empires 2 HD Edition back in 2013, which included new expansions and content.

Age of Empires 4 is in development as well.

The series is definitely alive and kicking.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Halo, still regarded as my favorite franchise despite 343’s fumbles. Halo CE-Reach are some of the best FPS games. Sea of thieves is probably my favorite from this gen. Gears/Fable/Forza are all solid. The best thing is all the new games coming from MS first party. Grounded, Avowed, Everwild, all these games got potential.

Not including Bethesda yet, but Fallout would also be in my top franchises.

For some reason I never played AoE3, not sure why, maybe I remember a lot of people saying it was nowhere near as good as the first two, then over time I forgot about it. I'm sure even my potato of a laptop could run it, maybe I should give it a go sometime.

Elder scroll