By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This Gen I´ll be migrating to XBOX and will be my platform of choise

So you want to switch over even though you know ps5 will be getting better exclusives overall, if looking at past history. As for the power, you probably won't see any differences even in multiplats, as they will be pushing for parity, 4k/60fps which both can do. Exclusives will look better on ps5, io throuput and no bottlenecking by an inferior system series s. As for bethesda games, they definitely will be coming to ps5, either on launch or timed exclusive. Microsoft will be stupid to miss out on a userbase of 70 to 130 million ps5 users. Starfield is probably 3 years away, and elder scrolls years after. Forget fallout 5, you won't be getting all three this generation.

Around the Network

Everything good about any Xbox also applies to the PC, so I don't really see what an Xbox brings to the table. Well, perhaps your bedroom situation doesn't work with a PC, so there you go.

I think you can extend both HDMI and USB with adapters that use Ethernet cables for long distance, not sure if OP would want to use PC like that.

CrazyGPU said:

Now the XBOX series X has better graphics specs, It seems to be between a RTX 2080....

.....And the PS5 GPU is between a RTX 2070 super. That´s like 16% less performance. 

Differnce between 10,3 Tflops and 12 Tflops is ~16,5%.

However theres small tweaks to the PS5 GPU (like those scrubbers it has) which should lower the differnce to less than that.

The Series X will be stronger, but not by huge margins.
This is the smallest differnce between the two consoles (playstation & xbox) in terms of strength, probably ever.

People need to stop exagerating the performance differnce.
20-30% is bullcrap, the differnce isnt that big.

CrazyGPU said:

The Series X box is smaller, and much better engineered, The aesthetics are better for my room. And for its size its a beast. 

1 -So the 1st reason is better overall hardware. And I love great hardware.

2- The second reason is the purchase of Bethesda. With the Bethesda Adquisition, microsoft will have several great AAA games that I play and I doubt that those games, specially the most demanded ones are going to Sony. 

3 - and last Price. I really can´t understand why, but in my country (Argentina) games are usually 3 to 5 times more expensive on Sony Store. And the country is sinking, an average Salary is about 4 sony new games. 

It´s cheaper to get the XBOX Series X and The games, plus the PS5 afterwards to play the exclusives than get the PS5 and all the games in that platform. 

I can be considering changing my pc too , but getting a new motherboard, cpu, ram and graphic card will double the price of getting the XBOX Series X and also I don´t have my desktop in my room. 

So there you go. I´ve been a PC gamer, a PS Gamer and will be an XBOX Gamer. 

Its not nessarily better engineered.
Aesthetics are a personal matter.
Size being smaller is a fact.

1) the word your looking for isnt better, but "stronger" most likely. The drawbacks of the smaller size, could be it breaks down/gets hotter ect.
A device being better if it has higher failur rates or issues with noise/heat than the other, sounds weird.  However you cant argue strength/power of the system.
So it would be a better word used.

2)  MS loves to say alot of things, but I doubt they will make these big IP games exclusives or even timed exclusives.  Wait and see, the next elder scrolls game will also be on PS5.

3)  Thats insane, in that case I can understand why you want to go Xbox.  That way you can always just subscribe to gamepass and play that way.

Enjoy your xbox :)

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 17 October 2020

KratosLives said:

So you want to switch over even though you know ps5 will be getting better exclusives overall, if looking at past history. As for the power, you probably won't see any differences even in multiplats, as they will be pushing for parity, 4k/60fps which both can do. Exclusives will look better on ps5, io throuput and no bottlenecking by an inferior system series s. As for bethesda games, they definitely will be coming to ps5, either on launch or timed exclusive. Microsoft will be stupid to miss out on a userbase of 70 to 130 million ps5 users. Starfield is probably 3 years away, and elder scrolls years after. Forget fallout 5, you won't be getting all three this generation.

That’s a lot of assumptions lol Too bad we couldn’t have you warn us about 2020 dear future teller. 

Around the Network

ekbok

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

ice said:
KratosLives said:

That’s a lot of assumptions lol Too bad we couldn’t have you warn us about 2020 dear future teller. 

Lol. Damm this year, may we never see the like of it again.

JCGamer55 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Congrats on the move. I definitely think there has never been a better time to pick Xbox as your primary console, between the higher GPU/CPU specs, the value of Gamepass, and the huge number of 1st party studios MS will soon have assuming the Bethesda deal is approved by all antitrust regulatory bodies. 

My biggest takeaway from your post though, is why in the heck does Sony charge so much for games in Argentina? I believe I've heard similar stories about Sony pricing in other South American countries as well. Seems like cheaper games and the value of gamepass should present Microsoft with a real opportunity for big market growth in South America. They have always struggled against Sony on a worldwide marketshare basis due to Sony's strength in Asia and Europe, but maybe MC can reclaim the US and UK this gen and use South America to make up for some of the lost ground in Europe and Japan. Just a thought. 

I'm not sure if its just in Argentina but here in Colombia, both Xbox and PlayStation games cost about the same and they really are that expensive. It's like they convert the 60 USD price tag to local currency (in countries with much less purchasing power so its not really the same) and then add an extra for the retailers to make profit.

Steam on the other hand offers much better pricing here.

Looks like taxes are involved in the price spike. I noticed, I'm down here as well parce

CrazyGPU said:

1 -So the 1st reason is better overall hardware. And I love great hardware.

2- The second reason is the purchase of Bethesda. With the Bethesda Adquisition, microsoft will have several great AAA games that I play and I doubt that those games, specially the most demanded ones are going to Sony. 

3 - and last Price. I really can´t understand why, but in my country (Argentina) games are usually 3 to 5 times more expensive on Sony Store. And the country is sinking, an average Salary is about 4 sony new games. 

Buy the console for the games - not because of the hardware.

If MSFT makes better 1st party games then go with them, if Sony has better 1st party games go with them.

Re price - yip a big factor for some people in some regions.

Whatever your choice, enjoy.

Argentina people and their swallowed pride.
There realy isn't anyway to say Series X or PS5 is better engineered, they just chose differerent routes. On the price itself it is odd that PS4 games are 5x more expensive new than Xbox (compared to the dolar exchange ratio how much is on each platform? And considering third parties decides their prices are them also 5x difference between the platforms?)
But well, enjoy your purchase.

Fifa 21 PS 4 - about 8000 on local currency https://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/fifa-21-ps4#D[A:fifa%2021%20ps4]

Fifa 21 X1 - about 9500 on local currency https://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/fifa-21-xbox#D[A:Fifa%2021%20xbox]

TLOU 2 - about 6000 on local currency https://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/the-last-of-us-2#D[A:the%20last%20of%20us%202]

Gears 5 - about 3000 on local currency https://listado.mercadolibre.com.ar/gears-5-xbox#D[A:gears%205%20xbox]

I fail to see this 5x difference when comparing apples to apples. Are you talking about real prices or ilegal purchases? Because there are people that "sell 30 days rental" for PS4 games for 10% the price of the game and purchase of the game for 1/2 or 1/3 with shared accounts.

Last edited by DonFerrari - on 17 October 2020

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."