By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 4000+ games backwards compatible Day 1. PSN library carries over to PS5

Just Deal With It!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

That's great to hear. Seems like even fewer incompatible games than the PS1 to PS2 and then PS1 and PS2 to PS3.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I am really curious as to why some of the games, not BC? Licensing issues maybe? I know that Afro Samurai had some legal flounders at one point.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Thought we knew this? PS4 only and not PS1-PS3. I mean if there was any confusion I’m glad we all on the same page. Just isn’t very impressive imo.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Hopefully Robinson The Journey can be patched at some point, It could really use the smoother frame rate of the PS5 for the motion sickness. I bought it cheaply years ago and the atmosphere is pretty awesome, but didn't get far into it feeling sick playing it.

Around the Network

It's almost as if they're using the same hardware and software.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

As expected.

Now we just need to know which games get free upgrades like GoT.

Yayy!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Yeah, I think legal issues is what is stopping at least some of that short list of unplayable games.
Most don't seem "pushing the boundaries" technically in way that might use undocumented hardware tricks.
So it's more like licencing issue where they only had rights to one game for PS4, and PS5 compatibility violates it.
Good to see, and curious to see which have automatic performance improvements on PS5, or get a patch for that.

sales2099 said:
Thought we knew this? PS4 only and not PS1-PS3. I mean if there was any confusion I’m glad we all on the same page. Just isn’t very impressive imo.

Sony isn't offering its entire company legacy as backwards compatibility, Microsoft did that to help save the Xbox One and ultimately have kept it as a main feature to ensure Xbox Console longevity. Previous generation backwards compatibility is all you truly need in a new console. "Just isn't very impressive imo" lmfaaaoo