kirby007 said:
the surge

Them's fightin' words.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
kirby007 said:
the surge

Them's fightin' words.

Half assed RPG which is totally nullified by grinding and picking the right weapon?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Gow 2018

Resident Evil 5 and 6.

Driveclub

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Sometimes, beauty is only skin deep, and that goes for video games too.

What games bedazzled you with their excellent graphics, but tortured you with their crappy gameplay?

Sorry if that offends someone but ...

Skyrim modded for PC. With some mods the game is wonderful, absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately gameplay is rubbish, an absolute disaster for anything related to melee combat... Spells are also horrible and the only acceptable form of gameplay is with bows. Almost everything related to the gameplay on skyrim is a complete outdated garbage.

At least lore and storytelling are great.

Last edited by Manlytears - on 26 September 2020

I could never really get into the Crysis games. The visuals are outstanding however after playing for long periods of time, it just becomes a little meh. If the graphics weren't there, it would be just another generic shooter in my opinion.

The Last of Us Part 2/Order 1886/FF13 all three/ Resident Evil 6/ Resident Evil 3 Remake/ No Mans Sky at launch

mZuzek said:
Captain_Yuri said:

There isn't much to do other than to watch the beauty and fly from one place to another. It's call Flight Sim for a reason but they could have added a lot more scenarios to have some interesting gameplay... Hell there isn't even any music. At least give me some Zen music instead of just hearing the engines scream.

I mean, you could always turn on music outside of the game, which is how pilots would do it anyway. The whole game is about realism, so that makes sense. Except for the part where, uh, I don't think pilots are allowed to do that while piloting. But I don't know.

As for the thread, ehh... It's kinda hard to me to think of crappy gameplay in a game I thought was pretty, because the two go hand in hand for me. There are games that are so pretty they kinda carry the gameplay, and a lot of games I think are pretty because I just like the game too much. But thinking about it for a bit, the one that comes to mind is BioShock: Infinite. I had never played a BioShock game in 2013 when a lot of people I knew were hyping this one up, so I gave it a shot. I remember setting everything to Ultra just for the heck of it, knowing it'd run like crap, then being amazed not only at how incredible the game looked, but also that somehow my PC was handling it quite well. The game had me hooked for the first 20 minutes, which is the prologue, and then the gameplay kicked in. Suddenly it turned into the most generic shooter, shoot everything and everyone, bam bam. I was expecting all of the shooting to end at some point with the story picking up or other aspects of gameplay showing up, but no, it was 1 hour, then 2 hours, of just straight up shooty shoot everything. I'm not exactly a fan of FPS games, so, yeah.

Yeah, I have to second this. The first impression as I played it was: how pretty. The second impression: how linear. The third: how boring.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Any walking sim ever. All on visual, little on gameplay.

Crysis as well.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"