Forums - Gaming Discussion - Great graphics, shame about the gameplay

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

My Most Recent Articles:

1. Forgotten Gems #11: Uniracers/Unirally

2. Video Game Music Spotlight #15: Vocal Themes

3. Video Game Music Spotlight #14: A Moment of Calm

For my non-video game related writings you can check my blog below.

Latest Post: Disney Canon: Dumbo (1941)

Around the Network

the surge

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
the surge

Them's fightin' words.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
kirby007 said:
the surge

Them's fightin' words.

Half assed RPG which is totally nullified by grinding and picking the right weapon?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

vivster said:
Breath of the Wild.

Look, everyone! This is the day when vivster conceded that 30 fps in a game is fine.

On topic: Metroid: Other M is an easy choice.

Last edited by RolStoppable - on 26 September 2020

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network

Gow 2018

Resident Evil 5 and 6.

Driveclub

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
curl-6 said:

Sometimes, beauty is only skin deep, and that goes for video games too.

What games bedazzled you with their excellent graphics, but tortured you with their crappy gameplay?

Sorry if that offends someone but ...

Skyrim modded for PC. With some mods the game is wonderful, absolutely fantastic. Unfortunately gameplay is rubbish, an absolute disaster for anything related to melee combat... Spells are also horrible and the only acceptable form of gameplay is with bows. Almost everything related to the gameplay on skyrim is a complete outdated garbage.

At least lore and storytelling are great.

Last edited by Manlytears - on 26 September 2020

Prediction: In 5 years Nintendo will Lauch a "Core Mario game"  very similar to Astro Bot. That said, many will Ignore Astro Bot existence and say Nintendo created this concept.

I could never really get into the Crysis games. The visuals are outstanding however after playing for long periods of time, it just becomes a little meh. If the graphics weren't there, it would be just another generic shooter in my opinion.