By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Great graphics, shame about the gameplay

Peh said:
Crysis. Surely, I can't be the only one. Gameplay is rather bland.

Every Crytek game ever.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

The Last of Us. Great graphics and the story was good but stopped half way cuz I just couldn't bear the super slow game play and constant lack of action.

I felt "poor folks working on visuals with this gameplay" about AC:Origins - stunning world, with such a mediocre gameplay.

The Witcher 3 for me. As soon as I was done exploring each area, the rest of the game play felt like a chore. Great story telling and world building, general game play not that good. I felt the same about Mass Effect, great stories, very pretty, chore to play.

Firewatch was beautiful and atmospheric, but it was way too linear and restrictive of a walking simulator. It's just going from point A to point B until you beat the game.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

For me? Most Gran Turismos. They looks amazing, no doubt. But I'm just not into racing games.

Hmm, pie.

Can't really remember anything like that. Usually a quality game is high quality all around. But I guess these things are a matter of taste to an extent.
I don't get the hate for The Last of Us games, though. The combat is not supposed to be a first person shooter or some kind of arcade fun fest, it's supposed to feel like being yourself in that situation, trying to hit a charging monster or person in a messed up situation. It's realistic, awkward, difficult and you hope you don't run out of bullets because they're scarce. In a zombie apocalypse, you would not be Master Chief or the Doom guy, you would be crapping your pants trying to hit something.

The Last of Us.

Surprised there’s already a couple people saying it.

El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

the surge

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.