By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Konami" trends on Twitter with fans asking Sony to adquire their IPs in response to Micro's Beth acquisition

That's cute. I hope they do, Konami isn't doing shit with the franchises anyway.

Around the Network
Replicant said:
Jranation said:
Lmao! These fans think Microsoft and Sony are on the same level

Lmao! This fan thinks Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Castlevania, and Contra are worth $7.5 billion

Nooooooooo not even close in reality,there is nothing on the ready to support those ips.

We know Sony put a 1.5 Billion bid for Leyou Technology before it fell through. They're just not going to tuck that money away now lol. The question is whether Sony goes for a major publisher or they acquire a bunch of small/mid sized studios.

In the short term Nintendo would probably get more out of a purchase because so many MTS games aren't in their system history. If they bought Konami and had the MGS games ported to the Switch it would be a hype moment like FF7 and co becoming available. Long term....hard to say.

I'd still prefer Nintendo to buy such things because it is funnier to imagine. I mean imagine today but if Nintendo had announced they bought Bethesda and co for seven billion. That would be utterly hilarous as everyone screams and cries and probably impulse buys every Bethesda game before it gets removed from store shelves.

(Nintendo is the most valuable Japanese company at the moment).

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

BraLoD said:
Jranation said:
Lmao! These fans think Microsoft and Sony are on the same level

Indeed.

MS has almost infinite money and several times more than Sony, yet they lose to Sony every generation.

MS and Sony really are not on the same level in the slighest.

This 7.5 billion deal is coming from MS on the whole, not the Xbox gaming budget. Corporation to corporation Sony can’t compete now that Phil somehow convinced MS to go all-in with their gaming ambitions. 

Sure PS5 will still sell in Europe and Asia without too much trouble, but I think next gen will have a much more even playing field. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 21 September 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

I think Sony would rather go for a more gaming purchase. Buying Konami would be more of buying Pachinko. Which as far as I am aware, Sony has no hand in, so that would be complicated.

Sony will purchase rockstar,just wait and see.

I don't want Sony to buy any big thirs party devs. M$ distributes their titles widely, so I don't mind them buying anyone they want. If Sony buys a studio their games are locked to PlayStation. Until they demonstrate that they're willing to release all their games for PC id rather they just stick with growing their own studios.

The only point of this Konami rumor is distracting from actual acquisition targets.
(or other deal format partners, I could see partial shareholding with contract on console exclusivity without majority or total ownership)

"What, my competitor bought a big company? Okay, then I will buy another big company too, that will teach them!"

I am so happy that internet warriors are NOT running companies.