By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Konami" trends on Twitter with fans asking Sony to adquire their IPs in response to Micro's Beth acquisition

Dulfite said:
Is Sony really in a situation where they can afford to buy big studios? Seems like everything but their gaming division is down. Unless the studio they are going after had had huge profit margins in recent years, I'm no sure it's worth a big buyout. How has Konami done recently financially?

Konami is a big company with multiple business lines, including manufacturing slot and pachislot machines and one of Japan's biggest gym chains. That's part of why they cut back on video games, in fact.  In terms of sales, MGS was never a blockbuster on the same level as Nintendo's major titles, Final Fantasy, or even Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, or Dragon Quest, yet the games were incredibly expensive to produce, and Castlevania was a sleeper hit at best. Konami got tired of the relatively low return on their investments in video games.  Their biggest games are Frogger, Yu-Gi-Oh, and PES. 

Around the Network
Farsala said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Thank you for reminding me, why I left VGC.

You have no idea what you are talking about, don't you?
You made it obvious right here: "Microsoft is 1.64, much healthier for sure but not rosey like Activision at 3.11, which of course means Activision stocks are trending better than both MSFT and SNE."

By all means, leave. As unpleasant as usual.

Assets to liability ratio is a common marker of healthiness of a company. People invest in stocks based on these things, among others. ATVI is +24$ per stock since 2020 began, a 30% increase. MSFT is up 47$ since 2020 began, a 23% increase. SNE stock is up $9 since 2020 began, a 12% increase. ATVI is trending very well comparably.

You have been owned right here.

*EDIT* I AM SORRY. We are offtopic. I will stay out of this thread.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Ka-pi96 said:
theRepublic said:
I'm not sure why so many people are suggesting to just buy the IPs as an alternate to buying the company. IPs are very valuable and rarely change hands outside of bankruptcy proceedings. Don't remember the last time a major IP was sold. Licensing agreements would be more common.

Gears of War, maybe?

And I'd assume people are suggesting IP purchases instead because they'd be much cheaper. Especially for a company like Konami where a lot of their value doesn't even come from video games. It would still be a bad idea, but it wouldn't waste quite as much money as buying the whole company.

Yeah, it would be cheaper, but companies do not like letting go of their IP.  Whole companies are bought and sold more frequently than IP.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Since my emails were ignored. Here I am, John2290, sick of these weak reasoned and lengthy moderations for saying the wrong thing and a mod team that is doing everything it can to kill this site quicker. So now that I've actually broken a rule instead of mildly hurting someones feelings without even interacting with them, I request my Permban on John2290 and of course this account will be banned. Please and thank you and good luck keeping this site alive while you alienate people with silly moderation.

@John3290

To be fair that post was quite distasteful. But yeah I would advise not to make analogies on war crimes on the internet or otherwise, its never apt. Especially on a public forum where thousands can read your comment.

Sorry to hear you go though, enjoy your next gen consoles.

Around the Network

Page 13 of this thread is more disappointing than the Eragon movie.

padib said:
BraLoD said:

You can count on it.

You get what you give.

Sounds like trash.

dont mind him, hes being super salty about no LoD news and copes with it in less friendly ways

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Konami makes their money on Pachinko machines and medical equipment. Sorry to all the Sony fanboys, I doubt Sony will buy them.

⚠️ - User was warned for this post.

Last edited by Shadow1980 - on 24 September 2020

TheTitaniumNub said:
Konami makes their money on Pachinko machines and medical equipment. Sorry to all the Sony fanboys, I doubt Sony will buy them.

Yeah that's the problem,they cant start pumping out good games as that Konami is long gone.

Konami is succesfull but not really in the gaming branch anymore,for the past 5 years they have been rising in revenue.

KLXVER said:
Ka-pi96 said:

My point remains...

Never even heard of Contra.

Well your point doesnt matter then. Never heard of Contra...yikes

Today we have learned we are old gamers.

SW-5120-1900-6153