Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Konami" trends on Twitter with fans asking Sony to adquire their IPs in response to Micro's Beth acquisition

I'm not sure why so many people are suggesting to just buy the IPs as an alternate to buying the company. IPs are very valuable and rarely change hands outside of bankruptcy proceedings. Don't remember the last time a major IP was sold. Licensing agreements would be more common.



NNID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
3DS - Currently Gaming Like It's 2011 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
PC - Currently Gaming Like It's 2012 - Borderlands 2
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
Farsala said:

While pretty high. Assets still exceed Liabilities, and have maintained similar ratio these past few years. The ratio increased from 1.24 to 1.27 in 3 years. The situation seems stable enough. Microsoft is 1.64, much healthier for sure but not rosey like Activision at 3.11, which of course means Activision stocks are trending better than both MSFT and SNE.

Thank you for reminding me, why I left VGC.

You have no idea what you are talking about, don't you?
You made it obvious right here: "Microsoft is 1.64, much healthier for sure but not rosey like Activision at 3.11, which of course means Activision stocks are trending better than both MSFT and SNE."

By all means, leave. As unpleasant as usual.

Assets to liability ratio is a common marker of healthiness of a company. People invest in stocks based on these things, among others. ATVI is +24$ per stock since 2020 began, a 30% increase. MSFT is up 47$ since 2020 began, a 23% increase. SNE stock is up $9 since 2020 began, a 12% increase. ATVI is trending very well comparably.



theRepublic said:
I'm not sure why so many people are suggesting to just buy the IPs as an alternate to buying the company. IPs are very valuable and rarely change hands outside of bankruptcy proceedings. Don't remember the last time a major IP was sold. Licensing agreements would be more common.

Must be bad mothers. Otherwise these people would spend their free time passionately advocating for pepetuating normalcy and the status quo.



Ok. I rather have Sony buying Konami than Square or Sega. I wanna play Dragon Quest and Valkyria Chronicles on Switch and future Nintendo devices. 😞



I am a Nintendo fanatic.

theRepublic said:
I'm not sure why so many people are suggesting to just buy the IPs as an alternate to buying the company. IPs are very valuable and rarely change hands outside of bankruptcy proceedings. Don't remember the last time a major IP was sold. Licensing agreements would be more common.

Gears of War, maybe?

And I'd assume people are suggesting IP purchases instead because they'd be much cheaper. Especially for a company like Konami where a lot of their value doesn't even come from video games. It would still be a bad idea, but it wouldn't waste quite as much money as buying the whole company.



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Around the Network
Farsala said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Thank you for reminding me, why I left VGC.

You have no idea what you are talking about, don't you?
You made it obvious right here: "Microsoft is 1.64, much healthier for sure but not rosey like Activision at 3.11, which of course means Activision stocks are trending better than both MSFT and SNE."

By all means, leave. As unpleasant as usual.

Assets to liability ratio is a common marker of healthiness of a company. People invest in stocks based on these things, among others. ATVI is +24$ per stock since 2020 began, a 30% increase. MSFT is up 47$ since 2020 began, a 23% increase. SNE stock is up $9 since 2020 began, a 12% increase. ATVI is trending very well comparably.

HEY!

@DirtyP2002 Don't listen to Farsala. You guys should just talk neutrally about the numbers and take things lightly a bit.



DirtyP2002 said:
HoangNhatAnh said:

He mean Sony would get bankrup for purchasing Konami

No, I never said that.

OK, but Sony never stands a chance to compete with MS in spending money to buy big Western 3rd parties.



padib said:
Farsala said:

By all means, leave. As unpleasant as usual.

Assets to liability ratio is a common marker of healthiness of a company. People invest in stocks based on these things, among others. ATVI is +24$ per stock since 2020 began, a 30% increase. MSFT is up 47$ since 2020 began, a 23% increase. SNE stock is up $9 since 2020 began, a 12% increase. ATVI is trending very well comparably.

HEY!

@DirtyP2002 Don't listen to Farsala. You guys should just talk neutrally about the numbers and take things lightly a bit.

To be fair, he got baited by what can be considered as flaming so DirtyP2002 is not in the right here.

And yeah there is a really small chance of Sony buying any Konami ip's if they're not able to buy studios attached to them that can actually make those games.

Last edited by Immersiveunreality - on 23 September 2020

DirtyP2002 said:
Farsala said:

While pretty high. Assets still exceed Liabilities, and have maintained similar ratio these past few years. The ratio increased from 1.24 to 1.27 in 3 years. The situation seems stable enough. Microsoft is 1.64, much healthier for sure but not rosey like Activision at 3.11, which of course means Activision stocks are trending better than both MSFT and SNE.

Thank you for reminding me, why I left VGC.

You have no idea what you are talking about, don't you?
You made it obvious right here: "Microsoft is 1.64, much healthier for sure but not rosey like Activision at 3.11, which of course means Activision stocks are trending better than both MSFT and SNE."

Be sure to remember it well next time, we would all appreciate.



Nintendo should buy Sony.



Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti 11GB VRAM / 3090 (Placeholder)| Asus PG27UQ gaming on 3840 x 2160 @120 Hz GSYNC HDR| HTC Vive Pro :3

Reached PC master race level.