By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Konami" trends on Twitter with fans asking Sony to adquire their IPs in response to Micro's Beth acquisition

kirby007 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Sony yearly profit: 5.8 bn USD
Konami marketcap: 6 bn USD --> 7+ bn USD for an Acquisition is an educated guess.

Microsoft yearly profit: 44 bn USD
Bethesda price: 7.5 bn USD.

See the differences?

no, explain

He mean Sony would get bankrup for purchasing Konami

Around the Network
HoangNhatAnh said:
kirby007 said:

no, explain

He mean Sony would get bankrup for purchasing Konami

No, I never said that.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Farsala said:
DirtyP2002 said:
Sony yearly profit: 5.8 bn USD
Konami marketcap: 6 bn USD --> 7+ bn USD for an Acquisition is an educated guess.

Microsoft yearly profit: 44 bn USD
Bethesda price: 7.5 bn USD.

See the differences?

That didn't stop Sony before, and now they have more money than usual.

Well it did stop them before. Sony biggest acquisition was Columbia Pictures for 3.2 billion in 1989.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_acquisitions_by_Sony_Corporation

You see how HUGE that would be for Sony?

And compare that to MS and TikTok for rumored 42bn (which never happened though) or LinkedIn for 20bn...

DirtyP2002 said:
Farsala said:

That didn't stop Sony before, and now they have more money than usual.

Well it did stop them before. Sony biggest acquisition was Columbia Pictures for 3.2 billion in 1989.

And compare that to MS and TikTok for rumored 42bn (which never happened though) or LinkedIn for 20bn...

Sony had a lot of money in the 80s of course. 3.2b in 1989 is like 6.5b+ today.

But I am looking at more recent things.

In 2012 Sony was in the middle of financial difficulties. They still made 5 purchases, including 1.88b (2.12b 2020) known from that list. As well as 2.47b (2.79b) in stakes.

Cash on hand 15.6b vs 10.8b debt.

It is 2020 now

Cash on hand 33b vs 8.9b debt.

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/SNE/sony/cash-on-hand

I don't think a 7b purchase is outside the realm of possibility, though I think Konami definitely is.

Last edited by Farsala - on 22 September 2020

Farsala said:
DirtyP2002 said:

In 2012 Sony was in the middle of financial difficulties. They still made 5 purchases, including 1.88b (2.12b 2020) known from that list. As well as 2.47b (2.79b) in stakes.

It is 2020 now

I don't think a 7b purchase is outside the realm of possibility, though I think Konami definitely is.

Well, there is so much more to consider than “Cash on Hand” vs Long Term debts. 

What about short term debts?
Or just check the link you provided an click on total liabilities. You might be shocked though!

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
Farsala said:

It is 2020 now

Or just check the link you provided an click on total liabilities. You might be shocked though!

While pretty high. Assets still exceed Liabilities, and have maintained similar ratio these past few years. The ratio increased from 1.24 to 1.27 in 3 years. The situation seems stable enough. Microsoft is 1.64, much healthier for sure but not rosey like Activision at 3.11, which of course means Activision stocks are trending better than both MSFT and SNE.

Last edited by Farsala - on 22 September 2020

Farsala said:
DirtyP2002 said:

While pretty high. Assets still exceed Liabilities, and have maintained similar ratio these past few years. The ratio increased from 1.24 to 1.27 in 3 years. The situation seems stable enough. Microsoft is 1.64, much healthier for sure but not rosey like Activision at 3.11, which of course means Activision stocks are trending better than both MSFT and SNE.

Thank you for reminding me, why I left VGC.

You have no idea what you are talking about, don't you?
You made it obvious right here: "Microsoft is 1.64, much healthier for sure but not rosey like Activision at 3.11, which of course means Activision stocks are trending better than both MSFT and SNE."

I'm not sure why so many people are suggesting to just buy the IPs as an alternate to buying the company. IPs are very valuable and rarely change hands outside of bankruptcy proceedings. Don't remember the last time a major IP was sold. Licensing agreements would be more common.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

DirtyP2002 said:
Farsala said:

Thank you for reminding me, why I left VGC.

You have no idea what you are talking about, don't you?
You made it obvious right here: "Microsoft is 1.64, much healthier for sure but not rosey like Activision at 3.11, which of course means Activision stocks are trending better than both MSFT and SNE."

By all means, leave. As unpleasant as usual.

Assets to liability ratio is a common marker of healthiness of a company. People invest in stocks based on these things, among others. ATVI is +24$ per stock since 2020 began, a 30% increase. MSFT is up 47$ since 2020 began, a 23% increase. SNE stock is up $9 since 2020 began, a 12% increase. ATVI is trending very well comparably.

theRepublic said:
I'm not sure why so many people are suggesting to just buy the IPs as an alternate to buying the company. IPs are very valuable and rarely change hands outside of bankruptcy proceedings. Don't remember the last time a major IP was sold. Licensing agreements would be more common.

Must be bad mothers. Otherwise these people would spend their free time passionately advocating for pepetuating normalcy and the status quo.