By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Konami" trends on Twitter with fans asking Sony to adquire their IPs in response to Micro's Beth acquisition

Trending here:

https://twitter.com/search?q=Konami&src=trend_click&vertical=trends

Some tweets:

I must admit I imagined Sony buying the Metal Gear IP some years ago. This Micro-Beth news really stirred up some shit.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Around the Network

Someone certainly needs to buy them as they are just sitting there doing effectively nothing.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Konami is probably ripe for adquisition, but I'm willing to bet they have some shady businesses that might scare buyers away. Nothing good can come from all the gambling they're in.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Not gonna happen. Konami is insanely rich and many of their IPs are valuable. Maybe Sony can make some deals for exclusivity though.

Ka-pi96 said:
Shouldn't people be asking Sony to buy somebody that actually makes good games though?

Well they want them to just buy the IPs. Unless youre saying Sony dont have any good developers...

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
KLXVER said:

Well they want them to just buy the IPs. Unless youre saying Sony dont have any good developers...

Good IPs then. Konami don't have any of those either.

Castlevania, Contra, Metal Gear, Silent Hill?

I mean,there's a lot of companies from the 90s sitting on IPs. Look at Capcom. Either way, I think it's fine. Microsoft needs more exclusives. Sony? Not so much. Everyone's saying Sony should buy Konami so that Sony can make games with those IPs, but Sony is already busy with its own IPs.

Ka-pi96 said:
KLXVER said:

Castlevania, Contra, Metal Gear, Silent Hill?

My point remains...

Never even heard of Contra.

Well your point doesnt matter then. Never heard of Contra...yikes

Nintendo should have Castlevania, Sony can take the rest

$6 billion dollar market cap that would most likely be bought at $7-8 billion.

Last edited by Acevil - on 21 September 2020