By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Konami" trends on Twitter with fans asking Sony to adquire their IPs in response to Micro's Beth acquisition

Ryotsu said:
Leynos said:

DON'T! Don't you dare give them ideas!

You don't understand. I would become Dr Evil and end humanity.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

As much i love Sony to buy big company. It lack elegance and strategy. Sony need to defeat Microsoft in elegant way and small effort possible . They just need buy great studio and a lot and make new IP that will be greater than bethesda IP

I don't think it has to be Sony, but it would be nice if someone actually did something with all the IPs Konami have just either collecting dust or fueling their pachinko business.

Of all the major Japanese publishers that Sony can buy, Konami would be the worst choice.

Nah... Not konami... Waste of cash honestly.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Yes please... and get Kojima to finally make ZOE3

estebxx said:

It was announced and canned sadly. I'd love for a ZOE3 and an MGR2 but *sigh* I don't think anyone at Konami could internally make it.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

vivster said:

Imagine people begging billion dollar multi national giant corporations to take away the little bit of joy some people are still having by enjoying games on their platform of choice.

Yeah this lol. If only Konami would release some new games.

But yeah this is pretty pathetic. I would rather companies spend that hard money on creating studios and making some good games.

Leynos said:
estebxx said:

It was announced and canned sadly. I'd love for a ZOE3 and an MGR2 but *sigh* I don't think anyone at Konami could internally make it.

That's why at least on the bright side if sony bought it they could get kojima and he's team (who were actually hyped on making it years ago before Konami cancelled the project) to finally get it done.

However lets be honest... they would probably just milk MGS again...

Just to be clear i also hate the idea of these companies buying the big publishers, and i don't really think for a moment that Sony buying Konami will ever happen. i mean just the idea of Microsoft or Nintendo buying someone like Capcom...  i would hold a grudge for the rest of my life... seriously... Devil May Cry, Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, Megaman, Breath of Fire, Dino Crisis, Lost Planet and more locked to the fucking switch??? fuck that.

Same goes for Square Enix, Falcom, Bandai Namco, and many more. thankfully i don't give two fucks about bethesda so this time i was completely unaffected, buying Warner Brothers game division would have been an actual blow to me since i actually really liked Shadow of War, Batman Arkahm series and the new Harry Potter game looks great.

Buying shit from Konami? As if they'll let their IPs go leaving them nothing for their Pachinko crap. If it does happen, hey, it's 2020. The plot for this year is all over the place.