By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Konami" trends on Twitter with fans asking Sony to adquire their IPs in response to Micro's Beth acquisition

Konami never was just a video game company. They’re big. But Nintendo should buy the Bomberman franchise.

Around the Network

Yep lets all go on a shopping spree to a point where th end user has to buy all three consoles and game prices will definitely skyrocket because they will want to recoup their money for the acquisitions

This would mean Sony would almost certainly get Kojima back to work on a new Metal Gear and...yeah with the bad blood between Konami and Kojima I don't think their pride would even let them be bought out. I could see a situation where Sony basically funds and publishes a new Castlevania or possibly Metal gear and it remains exclusive on PS and PC but I don't know about them being bought outright.

And while Metal Gear and Castlevania are big franchises, I don't think this aquisition would make anywhere near as big of a dent as Microsoft's acquisition. The only thing that could send shockwaves throught the industry like this is if Sony buys Take Two Interactive and yeah, I don't think Sony's financials are in order to do anything of the sort.

I just wish someone, preferably Nintendo, would take Hudson Soft's IPs off of Konami's hands. They're just rotting there.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 21 September 2020

No I don't want Sony buying Castlevania. Goemon and others. If they want Silent Hill then fine but some of those IPs if for sale should go to a 3rd party publisher. Castlevania began in arcades and home computers as Vampire Killer then Castlevania on NES and other systems from there. Konami has many IPs esp since they bought Hudson. If Konami is to be bought it should be 3rd party. I really fucking hate this idea of Sony or MS buying everything.

Oh and we deserve a good Contra game again.

Last edited by Leynos - on 21 September 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I don't get it sony has tons of ip's and u want them to buy more just because microsoft leveled the playing field....now all of a sudden its not fair? But when sony had all the exclusives it was fair and all people said was xbox has no games well now the do and now people are even more upset???? Y not just be happy for xbox ownerse

Around the Network
Leynos said:
No I don't want Sony buying Castlevania. Goemon and others. If they want Silent Hill then fine but some of those IPs if for sale should go to a 3rd party publisher. Castlevania began in arcades and home computers as Vampire Killer then Castlevania on NES and other systems from there. Konami has many IPs esp since they bought Hudson. If Konami is to be bought it should be 3rd party. I really fucking hate this idea of Sony or MS buying everything.

Pretty sure Castlevania started on consoles. Vampire Killer came out in like 1991.

Imagine people begging billion dollar multi national giant corporations to take away the little bit of joy some people are still having by enjoying games on their platform of choice.

Last edited by vivster - on 21 September 2020

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Imagine Sony buying SEGA

Sony dont have to buy Publisher, or IP. They need to buy talented people behind that . Make new bigger IP

Ryotsu said:
Imagine Sony buying SEGA

DON'T! Don't you dare give them ideas!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!