By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Konami" trends on Twitter with fans asking Sony to adquire their IPs in response to Micro's Beth acquisition

vivster said:

Imagine people begging billion dollar multi national giant corporations to take away the little bit of joy some people are still having by enjoying games on their platform of choice.

But there is no more joy with Konami because they don't make any games anymore......unless you're referring to the joy of pachinko lol :P

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
KLXVER said:

Castlevania, Contra, Metal Gear, Silent Hill?

My point remains...

Never even heard of Contra.

Contra is the game with the machos and Rambos. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

KLXVER said:
Not gonna happen. Konami is insanely rich and many of their IPs are valuable. Maybe Sony can make some deals for exclusivity though.

They're really not, they whole company as a whole is worth around 3 billion and the gaming division makes up a minority stake. 

estebxx said:
Leynos said:

It was announced and canned sadly. I'd love for a ZOE3 and an MGR2 but *sigh* I don't think anyone at Konami could internally make it.

That's why at least on the bright side if sony bought it they could get kojima and he's team (who were actually hyped on making it years ago before Konami cancelled the project) to finally get it done.

However lets be honest... they would probably just milk MGS again...

Just to be clear i also hate the idea of these companies buying the big publishers, and i don't really think for a moment that Sony buying Konami will ever happen. i mean just the idea of Microsoft or Nintendo buying someone like Capcom...  i would hold a grudge for the rest of my life... seriously... Devil May Cry, Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, Megaman, Breath of Fire, Dino Crisis, Lost Planet and more locked to the fucking switch??? fuck that.

Same goes for Square Enix, Falcom, Bandai Namco, and many more. thankfully i don't give two fucks about bethesda so this time i was completely unaffected, buying Warner Brothers game division would have been an actual blow to me since i actually really liked Shadow of War, Batman Arkahm series and the new Harry Potter game looks great.

I'd agree but in Konami's case they're just not using their ips and have no interest in doing so. Any company willing to buy and develop for those ip's would be a win for gamers, buying an active developer like Square, Capcom ect is different. 

Bandorr said:
Is Konami a good example? If we are talking eye for an eye that would be Platinum, Square or Bandai imo.

Is Metal Gear not a big enough name for you? Kojima can either still work on new titles, while Metal Gear handed to a Sony studio, and that's 2 AAA games right there. How about Silent Hill that makes a lot of noise from the PT demo. Still nothing as big as Bethesda buy, but that's a 7.5billion price tag. 

Around the Network

I don't know if Konami would be good enough. If they do, M$ would buy SE or Capcom.

ArtX said:
I don't know if Konami would be good enough. If they do, M$ would buy SE or Capcom.

I highly doubt that SE would sell to MS. Capcom...possibly. Square, if they were going to, would probably sell to another Japanese publisher or something. Another thing, just because MS has tons of money doesn't mean they can just go buy studios left and right. They've acquired some big studios already. I don't see Sony doing that either to a lesser extent. Someone mentioned Platinum Games for Sony to buy. That's certainly not happening. If they would sell to anyone, it would be Nintendo. 

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

ArtX said:

The Japanese government would never approve the acquisition by a American company

Free Suikoden !
But to be real,taking over their ip's is not like taking over good studios that can make those ip's.

This is essentially damage control. And I love it.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.