By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "Konami" trends on Twitter with fans asking Sony to adquire their IPs in response to Micro's Beth acquisition

I don't think anyone's buying Konami, but someone will make a deal for their IPs since they're just rotting in Konami anyway. A Playstation deal for Silent Hill is probably gonna happen.

Around the Network

Do they realize that just buying Konami won't fix their problems as its a problem due to the company's upper management and executives who would need to approval said acquisition?

Plus Konami has zero interest in selling anything especially since they are profitable company right now, maybe its time to let go of them?

I'm honestly not sure why of all the 3rd party publishers, Sony fans would want Konami, They only have one big franchise in Metal Gear Solid and no devs to even make a good MGS game. Unless you all want Sony to take one of their studios off of their current IPs (or potential new IPs) in favor of making an MGS game??? Something like Square Enix, Capcom, or Namco would make more sense if the goal is to counter the Zenimax buy by MS.

If anyone can save konamis ips is definetly Sony. But there are smarter purchases available. Sonys talent is key here. They could buy smaller to mid tier studios and expand them with the adition of some of their senior staff of some of their big studios. It would cost them a lot less and they would have new ips wich are more desirable and probably get quality right off the bat.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

NobleTeam360 said:
I'm honestly not sure why of all the 3rd party publishers, Sony fans would want Konami, They only have one big franchise in Metal Gear Solid and no devs to even make a good MGS game. Unless you all want Sony to take one of their studios off of their current IPs (or potential new IPs) in favor of making an MGS game??? Something like Square Enix, Capcom, or Namco would make more sense if the goal is to counter the Zenimax buy by MS.

Basically its so Sony can own both Silent Hill and MGS from what I have seen, even though the creator of Silent Hill works for Sony and Kojima's last game was published by Sony. Despite Silent Hill is fairly niche series all things consider and Kojima actively tried move on from MGS multiple times before finally leaving Konami, they want Sony to throw billions to buy Konami or seem to think that Konami is willingly wanting to part with IP's they see as valuable to some degree. 

Dear god, this past day from what I have seen in all three console manufactures fandoms, the average fanboy for each of them would be a terrible businessman. 

Around the Network

Sony yearly profit: 5.8 bn USD
Konami marketcap: 6 bn USD --> 7+ bn USD for an Acquisition is an educated guess.

Microsoft yearly profit: 44 bn USD
Bethesda price: 7.5 bn USD.

See the differences?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:
Konami marketcap: 6 bn USD --> 7+ bn USD for an Acquisition is an educated guess.

See the differences?

no, explain

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
DirtyP2002 said:

See the differences?

no, explain

VS

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

See the differences?

That didn't stop Sony before, and now they have more money than usual.

You don't need to buy a whole company for one IP. You can just make a deal to own the IP. Nintendo co-owns Fatal Frame from 4 on. Crash was a Sony IP at some point or at least Naughty Dog. Spyro was once Insomniacs, right? Or even Sony does not have to buy the IP but just ask Kojima to make a successor series. Something new. MGS is kinda done anyway. Not sure how much more milk could be drawn from that IP..aside from MGR2 (PLEASE)

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!