By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hogwarts Legacy announced (Open world RPG, PS4+5. XBoxOne +Series X, PC)

JSG87 said:
I'm surprised they aren't putting this on Switch as well tbh. Seems like the platform would take well to it.

As always, it was built around higher spec machines. I'm sure they're given a switch version serious consideration if not already porting it. But yeah, not for a day one release.

Around the Network

VERY excited

Barozi said:
VERY excited

Me too! 

Very excited for this, and even more excited it will come to PS4/XOne. I showed it to my gf who adores Harry Potter and she was over the moon -- so I'm grateful I won't need to upgrade to PS5 or XSX in order to play it.

It's shocking we didn't get an open-world Harry Potter RPG sooner.

Always wanted a true Harry Potter RPG, I'm looking forward to this.

Around the Network

Looks great. And people have wanted this for a looong time. Might pick it up.

This definitely caught my eye. It looks quite promising, so hopefully it'll turn out nicely. They've certainly been taking their time with it, so I'm optimistic.

Very interested in this one. I like the timeline a lot more if they just did it with Arrry and friends.

Day 1 purchase for me on PC or Xbox. Unless it's timed exclusive to PS, then whatever day 1 it will be on XB or PC. Hopefully it's not a timed exclusive.

twintail said:
JWeinCom said:
So, it's a Harry Potter game, but with no Harry Potter characters... Dunno how that's going to work out for them. Shadow of Mordor did an ok job (although that at least had some characters), but that was a generally exceptional game and the lore of LOTR is deeper and more interesting.

that's pretty much why this will work (or should at least).

The game doesn't have to be tied down to those characters, but it's obviously going to have some connections for pre-HP book collection.

I think the trailer was great. But unfortunately due to JK Rowling, I may only consider this for a discounted price. 

Hopefully the developers include the option to switch the gender of your character mid-game.

That'll show her :p....

/sarcasm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.