By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, and Sackboy confirmed cross-gen

sales2099 said:
Otter said:

The initial reporting of Horizon 2 stated it as a game around PS4. Even if it was PS5 exclusive, we know it wasnt built around PS5 hardware. This was even more obvious for Sackboy and spiderman.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/04/rumour_horizon_zero_dawn_2_initially_planned_for_ps4_before_moving_to_ps5

When that rumor hit i was reported for suggesting HFW was a cross gen game with a cancelled PS4 version. Apparently suggesting such a thing was unthinkable and borderline sacrilege at the time lol.

Well it certainly wasn't something deserving of a report, especially when sony didn't confirm it as a PS5 exclusive

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
DonFerrari said:

You know your complain doesn't hold water when you can buy a multiplat game and they'll cost the same but in one consoles they may have an additional char (like mortal kombat) or mode (like Fifa at launch of this gen had special content for X1). Having flying mount or not is irrelevant to the price of the game, it isn't like you can quantify - owww the flying is worth 1 USD.

And BC isn't the same as auto upgrade. It could even be the case that if you buy HFW for PS4 and use it in PS5 it will be the same game but with better graphics, while if you buy it for PS5 it will have other stuff. And even if was the case that for PS4 it cost less but if you use it on PS5 you'll get the PS5 version even paying less (so people buying the one for PS5 would be in disadvantage) or if the price is the same (and you say PS4 gamers are in disadvantage) that is as reaching as it gets.

I mean, yeah. Paying the same for less isn't good, like your MK and Fifa example. Those are good examples of that not being a good thing.

@Second bolded, And does that sound like a good thing?

Again you are reaching. You are basically asking to either remove something from another version or give a discount. You act as if a 70 metascore game or 4h story mode would be priced different than a 90 metascore with 100h. It just doesn`t happen. If the game is a full game deserving full price there is no point in remove features or discount price because one version can`t do what the other can.

Do you want console gamers to be cheaper than PC games because on PC you can have free mods, more choices for framerate and resolution, etc?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I mean, yeah. Paying the same for less isn't good, like your MK and Fifa example. Those are good examples of that not being a good thing.

@Second bolded, And does that sound like a good thing?

Again you are reaching. You are basically asking to either remove something from another version or give a discount. You act as if a 70 metascore game or 4h story mode would be priced different than a 90 metascore with 100h. It just doesn`t happen. If the game is a full game deserving full price there is no point in remove features or discount price because one version can`t do what the other can.

Do you want console gamers to be cheaper than PC games because on PC you can have free mods, more choices for framerate and resolution, etc?

This is not a difference in actual content that the user gets. 

I'm saying that you can't charge the same for the PS4 version as the PS5 version if the PS5 version has extra content

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

twintail said:
Disappointing but whatever i suppose.
Makes me curious to see how big of a jump H2 is.

PS4:

PS5:

HFW on the PS5 would be something else, especially being that we have already seen how it would look.

ArchangelMadzz said:
DonFerrari said:

I'm saying that you can't charge the same for the PS4 version as the PS5 version if the PS5 version has extra content

Being able to use the flying is no more content than having better texture. Again the way you are making is like asking Series S games to be 30% cheaper than Series X because they will be 30% smaller in size.

Kyuu said:

People were fine with a few CrossGen games or late 1st party exclusives releasing on the previous platform after the launch of the succeeding platform. So what's the chaos about? In saying "We believe in generations", Sony is more or less confirming they're sticking to the old/traditional model, if maybe with slight adjustments that make business sense. It's beyond me why this is being interpreted, even by some Playstation fans, as "We promise we won't make a single CrossGen game".

Now the messaging has been terrible... starting from the preorders mess... to not mentioning the launch lineup on stream... to the seeming error they made with Demon's Souls being multiplat (and I do believe that was an error regardless of whether or not PS4 can run it. I'm pretty sure someone had it mixed up with one of the console-exclusives)... to Jim Ryan's "Spider-Man built from the ground up for the PS5" comment following the announcement of the PS4 version. But that's another topic. Microsoft's and Sony's approaches remain radically different.

Yep even more when it is pretty obvious that MLB will be crossgen from the start as well since it is sport game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Being able to use the flying is no more content than having better texture. Again the way you are making is like asking Series S games to be 30% cheaper than Series X because they will be 30% smaller in size.

Yep even more when it is pretty obvious that MLB will be crossgen from the start as well since it is sport game.

Flying creatures is extra content. Having 30% smaller file sizes due to lower resolution textures isn't a difference in the content in the game. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I've always wondered this with every next gen launch game, and this includes Halo etc..

Like it's great to have an amazing big budget game at launch but how are they able to recoup their loss/make a lot of money if the installs base is completely new? That's why I always thought cross gen games (for current and new gen) for launch made sense to me and understood why it could also be a reason Halo was intended for cross gen for launch.

I think the only issue is that Sony should've said that these games were going to be cross gen from the start rather than giving the impression they were all next gen exclusives. Personally it wouldn't have mattered for me I will get these games for next gen regardless if they're coming out this gen.

Still getting the PS5 versions of these cross-gen titles. It might somewhat diminish the value of a PS5 purchase for some PS4 owners though, let's see how it potentially impacts hardware sales. Then again; some games sell really well across two generations, like TLoU and GTA 5.

Intrinsic said:
twintail said:
Disappointing but whatever i suppose.
Makes me curious to see how big of a jump H2 is.

PS4:

PS5:

HFW on the PS5 would be something else, especially being that we have already seen how it would look.

I see no difference, and no I'm not trolling or being sarcastic. I know some will think these two images look different in quality, but they don't to me.

ArchangelMadzz said:
DonFerrari said:

Flying creatures is extra content. Having 30% smaller file sizes due to lower resolution textures isn't a difference in the content in the game. 

If flying isn't possible on PS4 version then you aren't paying more for less, you simply aren't getting what isn't possible and then want the other version to be gimped or get a discount, talk about egoism.