By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, and Sackboy confirmed cross-gen

ArchangelMadzz said:

That's my point, so we will have a case where either PS4 players will be paying the same for a lesser version of the game with certain features or content missing. Or anything that can only be done on PS5 (like fast flying mounts) just won't be in the game, meaning the PS5 version won't be as good as it could be.

Thats a slippery slope you're on bro...

Unless its confirmed that there are features missing in the game with regards to the actual content, then whatever the price of the game is what the game costs. Things like RT, higher framerates, better textures, faster loading...etc, aren't features that you are "paying for" they are features you either get or don't get based on how you are playing the game. aka are you playing on the PS4/PS5?

It's like you saying that someone trying to play a game an RX580 with no RT should pay less for it than someone playing the game on a 3080.

Look at it this way,cross-gen games ideally are made to take full advantage of the platforms they support. It's only a bad thing if there is content only available on certain platforms but not on the other. So if you can use a flying mount in HFW on the PS5 but can't on the PS4? Then you shouldn't b paying the same for it.

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like ps4 Spider-man owners won't be getting an enhanced ps5 version for free. You will get a free upgrade for S:MM, but you have to buy the Ultimate Edition of S:MM if you want it the enhanced version of Spider-man. Doesn't seem very different than what 505 was doing with Control Ultimate edition.

I don't know, but that would be very stupid of sony if they do it. I see no reason why people that own the og SM game have to pay for the upgraded version. 

Intrinsic said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

That's my point, so we will have a case where either PS4 players will be paying the same for a lesser version of the game with certain features or content missing. Or anything that can only be done on PS5 (like fast flying mounts) just won't be in the game, meaning the PS5 version won't be as good as it could be.

Unless its confirmed that there are features missing in the game with regards to the actual content, then whatever the price of the game is what the game costs. Things like RT, higher framerates, better textures, faster loading...etc, aren't features that you are "paying for" they are features you either get or don't get based on how you are playing the game. aka are you playing on the PS4/PS5?

It's like you saying that someone trying to play a game an RX580 with no RT should pay less for it than someone playing the game on a 3080.

Look at it this way,cross-gen games ideally are made to take full advantage of the platforms they support. It's only a bad thing if there is content only available on certain platforms but not on the other. So if you can use a flying mount in HFW on the PS5 but can't on the PS4? Then you shouldn't b paying the same for it.

No I'm not talking about graphics I'm talking about content.

The rx580 version of a game has the exact same content as a 3080 version. If the PS5 version has content that's only possible on PS5 (like my earlier example of fast flying mounts) for the same price as the PS4 version that would be very bad. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I posted a long time ago in an Xbox bashing thread that I got LBP3 on PS3 even though it was on PS4 (which I didn't want to buy at the time). If it wasn't on PS3, my daughter would have been devastated. Cross gen isn't a bad thing. It's not even a new thing. For as long as I've been gaming, there were versions of some "next gen" games on last gen hardware. It never detracted from my fun.

ArchangelMadzz said:
Intrinsic said:

The rx580 version of a game has the exact same content as a 3080 version. If the PS5 version has content that's only possible on PS5 (like my earlier example of fast flying mounts) for the same price as the PS4 version that would be very bad. 

You know your complain doesn't hold water when you can buy a multiplat game and they'll cost the same but in one consoles they may have an additional char (like mortal kombat) or mode (like Fifa at launch of this gen had special content for X1). Having flying mount or not is irrelevant to the price of the game, it isn't like you can quantify - owww the flying is worth 1 USD.

And BC isn't the same as auto upgrade. It could even be the case that if you buy HFW for PS4 and use it in PS5 it will be the same game but with better graphics, while if you buy it for PS5 it will have other stuff. And even if was the case that for PS4 it cost less but if you use it on PS5 you'll get the PS5 version even paying less (so people buying the one for PS5 would be in disadvantage) or if the price is the same (and you say PS4 gamers are in disadvantage) that is as reaching as it gets.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

You know your complain doesn't hold water when you can buy a multiplat game and they'll cost the same but in one consoles they may have an additional char (like mortal kombat) or mode (like Fifa at launch of this gen had special content for X1). Having flying mount or not is irrelevant to the price of the game, it isn't like you can quantify - owww the flying is worth 1 USD.

And BC isn't the same as auto upgrade. It could even be the case that if you buy HFW for PS4 and use it in PS5 it will be the same game but with better graphics, while if you buy it for PS5 it will have other stuff. And even if was the case that for PS4 it cost less but if you use it on PS5 you'll get the PS5 version even paying less (so people buying the one for PS5 would be in disadvantage) or if the price is the same (and you say PS4 gamers are in disadvantage) that is as reaching as it gets.

I mean, yeah. Paying the same for less isn't good, like your MK and Fifa example. Those are good examples of that not being a good thing.

@Second bolded, And does that sound like a good thing?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

In Sony's defense, Horizon:FW looks fantastic; so it seems that they are doing cross gen right at least; not like M$. But I am still a bit dissapointed.

I bet Sony will show later some gameplay footage of FW on PS5, in order to shut down the negativity.

Otter said:

The initial reporting of Horizon 2 stated it as a game around PS4. Even if it was PS5 exclusive, we know it wasnt built around PS5 hardware. This was even more obvious for Sackboy and spiderman.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/04/rumour_horizon_zero_dawn_2_initially_planned_for_ps4_before_moving_to_ps5

When that rumor hit i was reported for suggesting HFW was a cross gen game with a cancelled PS4 version. Apparently suggesting such a thing was unthinkable and borderline sacrilege at the time lol.

Last edited by sales2099 - on 17 September 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Heavenly_King said:
In Sony's defense, Horizon:FW looks fantastic; so it seems that they are doing cross gen right at least; not like M$. But I am still a bit dissapointed.

I bet Sony will show later some gameplay footage of FW on PS5, in order to shut down the negativity.

The issue isn’t graphical fidelity. The game can look drop dead gorgeous. 

(Taking a page of the PS console wars book)

It’s about the core game being built around the base PS4. The game won’t truly take advantage of PS5s potential. Sure it will look better and load times will improve, but ultimately it’s a base Ps4 title improved for the current gen. At least...that was the message hammered into my brain by all too many PS fans regarding Xbox cross gen titles. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Vodacixi said:
Demon's Souls will come to PC and maybe PS4 and nobody can make me change my mind. That "human error" thing is hilarious xD

Definitely, people here are so desperate to find the next gen sauce in the games announced. It will be funny to see how "degraded" the last gen versions will be

We reap what we sow