By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, and Sackboy confirmed cross-gen

Soundwave said:
The whole "new console means the end of the old one" generation shift is over.

It doesn't make sense any more with how high development costs are and how scalable graphics engines are.

Every modern console I think will be like this, shared games with the older system for a while until 2-3 years into its lifecycle.

Not sure what you are talking about since we know that at least since PS1 it always have been like that. We had PS1 exclusives well into the life of PS2 and even more time for cross gen, same from PS2 to PS3 and PS3 to PS4. And if you count sport titles we even had some cases of Fifa or PES for PS2 being released even when PS4 was already out.

This is nothing new.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

"Not so long ago people were drooling over the horizon trailer now just bc there's a ps4 version announcement I only see despise for the game... How shallow a person can be.. guess it's only the next gen status that matters Let it go your ego, just assume you were admiring a cross gen title"

That seems absurd, I agree it doesn't detract from game itself, but the integrity of Sony's messaging is legit topic to address.
It is possible to still like Horizon as a game, while also confronting hypocrisy and fakeness of Sony's messaging up to now.
Certainly this is nothing strange to expect by normal dynamics of game industry, but Sony was one who posed as anti-crossgen.

Really lame. That leaves me with no reason to buy the damn thing until God of War releases. Guess I'll shift funds to pc upgrades for now.

4 ≈ One

mutantsushi said:
"Not so long ago people were drooling over the horizon trailer now just bc there's a ps4 version announcement I only see despise for the game... How shallow a person can be.. guess it's only the next gen status that matters Let it go your ego, just assume you were admiring a cross gen title"

That seems absurd, I agree it doesn't detract from game itself, but the integrity of Sony's messaging is legit topic to address.
It is possible to still like Horizon as a game, while also confronting hypocrisy and fakeness of Sony's messaging up to now.
Certainly this is nothing strange to expect by normal dynamics of game industry, but Sony was one who posed as anti-crossgen.

I knew this was gonna be blown outta proportion. But someone has to say it I guess.

There has been no lost integrity here. And people pushing this agenda are being obtuse cause all the facts are right in front of them. MS said they do not believe in generations and said that everything the make or the next two years would be cross-gen. That is what people were against. Sony said they believe in generations, they NEVER said anything about not doing anything cross-gen or making everything cross-gen.

Sony has announced 7 fist party titles for the first year. GOW, Ratchet, Demon Souls, Horizon, Spiderman, LBP, All-stars. 3 are cross-gen, 4 are not. How many Xbox first-party games are confirmed to be next-gen exclusive?

Or if that's not clear enough, tell me how saying "w believe in generations" means that you will not release a single cross-gen game.

Dgc1808 said:
Really lame. That leaves me with no reason to buy the damn thing until God of War releases. Guess I'll shift funds to pc upgrades for now.

I was thinking the same thing, but I changed my mind. I already sold my PS4pro, got a good deal on it a year ago and literally have the money just sitting there. So I preordered anyways. There are games I still have to play anyways. Lots o games and they all seem to be getting the PS5 treatment.

Around the Network
Angelus said:
This is legit one of the funniest things that I've heard this year.

I really can't stop laughing 🤣. I don't care about either Sony or Microsoft super detailed graphics since I game on switch but all those Sony fanboys annoying the hell out of Xbox fans and fanboys.  I wondered what they're thinking now

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Forbidden West 600p on OG PS4 confirmed? In all honesty, I am a bit dissapointed in this. Still, with my backlog, and other systems as well, I have a feeling that a PS5 purchase will be 2022 for me.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Demon's Souls will come to PC and maybe PS4 and nobody can make me change my mind. That "human error" thing is hilarious xD

Does that means hzd reveal was just a cgi trailer

The initial reporting of Horizon 2 stated it as a game around PS4. Even if it was PS5 exclusive, we know it wasnt built around PS5 hardware. This was even more obvious for Sackboy and spiderman.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/04/rumour_horizon_zero_dawn_2_initially_planned_for_ps4_before_moving_to_ps5

Last edited by Otter - on 17 September 2020