By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, and Sackboy confirmed cross-gen

Well, no rush for me to get a PS5 any time soon then.
Thanks, Sony!

Around the Network

Weird decision. Between that and the high pricing for games i think i will just wait before getting the PS5 and playing spidey on my PS4.
They might finally drop the price of the PS4 now since they seem to be supporting it still.

I’m just gonna say:

Goopy, I demand an apology. Apologize and I will forgive you for past cross gen transgressions :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

While yes I'm upset about horizon. There will still be plenty of other ps5 ezclusives even at launch. I'm pretty sure horizon still wont end up like halo.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

sales2099 said:
I’m just gonna say:

Goopy, I demand an apology. Apologize and I will forgive you for past cross gen transgressions :)

It's a shame he's banned right now since I wanna see his reaction to this.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
I’m just gonna say:

Fairly sure calling out users like this is against the rules. PM him if you care that much.

As for the topic, I'm happy as a PS4 owner who was in no hurry to adopt but loved Spider-man. Really I think the amount it harms the next gen versions to do this is greatly exaggerated, and the only real reason is to push people to buy a new system. It's strange that a lot of people would rather the company do something that's better for themselves than something that's better for the gamers.

Beyond that though, I don't think the practice benefits the company all that much. I tend to buy Nintendo systems early in the gen, one of two of other consoles mid-gen, and the third late gen.

I didn't have many reservations about buying a PS3 late gen, because Sony had supported the PS2 well, so even though I bought it in like 2011, I knew I'd get a decent amount of use out of it. I bought the XBox One last month (which I mildly regret because the Series S is cheaper than I expected and it only would have been like a 150 price difference but w/e I'm impatient, have been locked up, and wanted a new toy) because I was confident it would be supported with games for at least a few years. One of the key complaints that Nintendo has received, which is a fair one, is that they drop their systems really quickly after the next one comes out.

So, I'm happy with this development. If you think this makes next gen consoles not worth it, then wait till you think they are.

3games are cross-gen... and I can kinda understand it... I mean, they have to make back that money they are losing, and its not like everyone would jump onto the PS5 day one. It suks for HZD, this probably means o flying mounts. But I guess it's ok.

But next year is packed though.

Intrinsic said:
3games are cross-gen... and I can kinda understand it... I mean, they have to make back that money they are losing, and its not like everyone would jump onto the PS5 day one. It suks for HZD, this probably means o flying mounts. But I guess it's ok.

But next year is packed though.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Maybe the main game is crosgen. Nothing is stoping them from making doc next gen only and adding flying mounts. As many insiders have said it's already in the game. I doubt they would scrap such a anticipated feature. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

I’m ok with it since not everyone is gonna upgrade immediately! and the PS4 has a huge fan base that will benefit the releases with immediate sales for both versions through the 1st/2nd year of the PS5.

PS4 will continue selling well into 2021/2022 with a price cut and a healthy amount of new releases and PS5 will still have the games coming to it as the best versions along with exclusive releases as well.

Its a win win situation honestly for gamers and Sony.

Fascinating news i ever heard, Miles Morales is clearly a PS4 game, i get this one though but... Horizon Forbidden West... I wonder if this is whether a scaled down PS5 game or not.