By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, and Sackboy confirmed cross-gen

This makes so many threads and arguments hilarious in hindsight. 

Last edited by Norion - on 16 September 2020

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:
trunkswd said:

I was thinking the same thing. I remember when some people shat on Microsoft for releasing some games as cross-gen titles as it would hold back the next-gen. 

I mean, Ratchet, GT7 & God of War are looking to be true PS5 exclusives. At least for now lol. 

People should be giving Sony flak for this decision. Sackboy and Miles are one thing but an ambitious sequel like HFW? My hype for the game is decimated. 

I agree. No way the other games are coming to PS4. It is just that so many people were mad at Microsoft for releasing games as cross-gen titles. 

I'd expect a lot of 2021 games from everyone to get delayed to 2022 due to COVID still delaying things.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

This is legit one of the funniest things that I've heard this year.

I'm selfishly happy - Horizon being on PS4, plus Demon's Souls coming to PC, means I have no reason to buy a PS5 in the first year+ because I can play the only exclusives I was really interested in without one.

Although it does make me a little worried for Horizon not being a major leap forward, just a rote sequel.

"Console generation launches" as you knew them are kinda dead, called this a while ago.

You will get phased transitions from now on with lots of cross-gen for the first couple of years.

Around the Network
Machina said:
I'm selfishly happy - Horizon being on PS4, plus Demon's Souls coming to PC, means I have no reason to buy a PS5 in the first year+ because I can play the only exclusives I was really interested in without one.

Although it does make me a little worried for Horizon not being a major leap forward, just a rote sequel.

saw that and now I'm not sure about DS going on PC

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1306359099211370496?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I'd understand Sackboy and even Miles Morales releasing on PS4 too... but Horizon Forbidden West was the game we were all looking at to really show us what the PS5 can do as a next gen exclusive... oh well, guess we still have a new God of War next year to show us how pretty games can be, lol. It's definitely weird that they've back peddled though and I don't blame anyone upset with the decision o.O

In all fairness, we've had some cross-gen first-party releases near launch or within the first year before. LittleBigPlanet3 launched November 2014 for both PS3 and PS4. But yes, they are more the exception than the rule. I don't think Sony will have any cross-gen games past 2021. And of course there will be some released in 2020 and 2021 that will only be on PS5.
Selfishly speaking, I kind of like this. I just a PS4 in July 2019. I'm not getting an PS5 until 2022 or 2023.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 125 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 122 mil (was 100 then 130 million) Xbox One: 50 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

jenpol said:
Machina said:

saw that and now I'm not sure about DS going on PC

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1306359099211370496?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

The language remains ambiguous - it could be the 'other consoles' bit that's incorrect. Hopefully it means PS5 console exclusive, possibly with PC release a year or so later. That'd still leave me very happy. 

Why people think Demons Souls Remake will go to another platforms if Japan Studio is from Sony.

As for the OP: Most people won’t care since they want to upgrade, I reckon Horizon is coming next year with GOW, ratchet and clank and GT7 being PS5 exclusive.

I believe Sony is seeing that the PS4 is still selling good.