By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, and Sackboy confirmed cross-gen

Machina said:
I'm selfishly happy - Horizon being on PS4, plus Demon's Souls coming to PC, means I have no reason to buy a PS5 in the first year+ because I can play the only exclusives I was really interested in without one.

Although it does make me a little worried for Horizon not being a major leap forward, just a rote sequel.

saw that and now I'm not sure about DS going on PC

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1306359099211370496?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Around the Network

In all fairness, we've had some cross-gen first-party releases near launch or within the first year before. LittleBigPlanet3 launched November 2014 for both PS3 and PS4. But yes, they are more the exception than the rule. I don't think Sony will have any cross-gen games past 2021. And of course there will be some released in 2020 and 2021 that will only be on PS5.
Selfishly speaking, I kind of like this. I just a PS4 in July 2019. I'm not getting an PS5 until 2022 or 2023.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Why people think Demons Souls Remake will go to another platforms if Japan Studio is from Sony.

As for the OP: Most people won’t care since they want to upgrade, I reckon Horizon is coming next year with GOW, ratchet and clank and GT7 being PS5 exclusive.

I believe Sony is seeing that the PS4 is still selling good.

shikamaru317 said:
kazuyamishima said:
Why people think Demons Souls Remake will go to another platforms if Japan Studio is from Sony.

As for the OP: Most people won’t care since they want to upgrade, I reckon Horizon is coming next year with GOW, ratchet and clank and GT7 being PS5 exclusive.

Because the fine print says it is PS5 console exclusive for a limited time. And Sony Japan Studio being owned by Sony doesn’t necessarily rule out an Xbox release, Sony San Diego is also a Sony Studio and their MLB games are going to Switch and Xbox starting next year.

According to Kotaku, Demon's Souls isn't launching on PC, and is PS5 exclusive. 

kazuyamishima said:

This was in their own video on their own channel which has now been removed since Sony corrected their mistake.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

3 games are cross gen and people flip their shit and forget about the other games announced. You guys... lol.

Also Demon's Souls isn't coming to PC, nor PS4 :P

kazuyamishima said:

https://kotaku.com/demons-souls-remake-also-coming-to-pc-timed-exclusive-1845082896

The posting for pc and other consoles was a human error and now confirmed to be PS5 exclusive and launching on Nov 12th with the console. 

The narrative being used now is that some other 1st party games are now cross gen but not all as in Demons Souls and Ratchet were already confirmed for PS5 only. With Horizon 2 being confirmed as cross gen, people are being hyperbolic about it as it's a hot take from today. We've already seen the game back in June and it looks great already. I wouldn't worry about it to much really. It's just more fuel for the console war and a lot of it comes from the whole Craig incident from MS's show case as Halo is cross gen as well. 

shikamaru317 said:
kazuyamishima said:

Because the fine print says it is PS5 console exclusive for a limited time. And Sony Japan Studio being owned by Sony doesn’t necessarily rule out an Xbox release, Sony San Diego is also a Sony Studio and their MLB games are going to Switch and Xbox starting next year.

Because the MLB license doesn’t belong to Sony......

I thought Sony was smart for having a new Spider-Man game at launch on the PS5.  Now I have to take back the nice things I said.  

There is a decent chance at this point that I may never get a PS5, even during a 2025 holiday sale.  The main games I liked on the PS4 were Spider-Man and Dark Souls 3.  Now, new Dark Souls games aren't being made anymore, and I can get Miles Morales on the PS4.  Also, Final Fantasy used to be my favorite series, but I could not care less about FF15 or this new FF16.  I really don't see any good reason why I'd want a PS5.

Blood_Tears said:
kazuyamishima said:

https://kotaku.com/demons-souls-remake-also-coming-to-pc-timed-exclusive-1845082896

The posting for pc and other consoles was a human error and now confirmed to be PS5 exclusive and launching on Nov 12th with the console. 

The narrative being used now is that some other 1st party games are now cross gen but not all as in Demons Souls and Ratchet were already confirmed for PS5 only. With Horizon 2 being confirmed as cross gen, people are being hyperbolic about it as it's a hot take from today. We've already seen the game back in June and it looks great already. I wouldn't worry about it to much really. It's just more fuel for the console war and a lot of it comes from the whole Craig incident from MS's show case as Halo is cross gen as well. 

Yeah its pretty sad tbh. There are loads of big exclusives and great games shown there but people gonna downplay and fanboy.