By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, and Sackboy confirmed cross-gen

Do as i say, not as i do.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Intrinsic said:

PS4:

PS5:

HFW on the PS5 would be something else, especially being that we have already seen how it would look.

I see no difference, and no I'm not trolling or being sarcastic. I know some will think these two images look different in quality, but they don't to me.

Raytracing (real-time reflections) you can see it in the puddle, better PBR materials, higher resolution, higher resolution textures, more light sources and effects, motion blur, better depth of field, more particle and post processing effects.

Edit: And thats from that image, just found out that this game also has raytraced shadows. And I imagine this will also have much better LOD.

Last edited by hinch - on 18 September 2020

Dulfite said:
Intrinsic said:

PS4:

PS5:

HFW on the PS5 would be something else, especially being that we have already seen how it would look.

I see no difference, and no I'm not trolling or being sarcastic. I know some will think these two images look different in quality, but they don't to me.

You literally can`t see the difference in the lightning and effects?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Dulfite said:
Intrinsic said:

PS4:

PS5:

Just to highlight some differences you can see real time reflections of Miles on the ground and water. 
The colour fringing on the edges of Miles is much more defined and realistic, you get a sense of how bright the headlights are by how much light is bounding off of his suit. 
Resolution improvements and higher texture qualities means you can see the threading in the suit particularly in the head and knee area.

Overall there is a massive difference between these 2 images in quality and effects/lighting.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Dulfite said:
Intrinsic said:

PS4:

PS5:

Hmmm...

Well, your problem isn't that there hasn't been anything to show what nextgen is then.

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
Heavenly_King said:
In Sony's defense, Horizon:FW looks fantastic; so it seems that they are doing cross gen right at least; not like M$. But I am still a bit disappointed.

I bet Sony will show later some gameplay footage of FW on PS5, in order to shut down the negativity.

The issue isn’t graphical fidelity. The game can look drop dead gorgeous. 

(Taking a page of the PS console wars book)

It’s about the core game being built around the base PS4. The game won’t truly take advantage of PS5s potential. Sure it will look better and load times will improve, but ultimately it’s a base Ps4 title improved for the current gen. At least...that was the message hammered into my brain by all too many PS fans regarding Xbox cross gen titles. 

And I agree, that is why I am disappointed.  But maybe the PS4 version will run like utter crap in order to handle the game.

hinch said:
Dulfite said:

Raytracing (real-time reflections) you can see it in the puddle, better PBR materials, higher resolution, higher resolution textures, more light sources and effects, motion blur, better depth of field, more particle and post processing effects.

Edit: And thats from that image, just found out that this game also has raytraced shadows. And I imagine this will also have much better LOD.

I really can't tell which image, overall, looks better. They both look great to me, equally, though I do find the blur to be annoying on my eyes on the bottom image.

This is also a response to the others that responded to me, as multiple took the same perspective. I know there are hardcore people out that look into these innovations and stay up to date, and those people notice these things easily, but most of us (myself included) just play games and don't overthink the technical aspects. I bet less than 1% of gamers even pay attention to Digital Foundry. I literally don't see anything in the bottom image that looks better, let alone significantly better, than the above image. It doesn't look bad, they both look fantastic to me. NES - PS3 graphical improvements were insane, but PS3/360 - PS5/Xbox Series X? Hardly any noticeable improvements to me, and PS4-PS5 so far looks the same to me. You can disagree, I'm not saying you have to have my opinion. But it is my opinion based on what I'm seeing with my eyes.

Intrinsic said:
Dulfite said:

Hmmm...

Well, your problem isn't that there hasn't been anything to show what nextgen is then.

From what I remember he can barely tell the difference between a PS3 and PS4 game.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Intrinsic said:

Hmmm...

From what I remember he can barely tell the difference between a PS3 and PS4 game.

I can't moreso tell that difference than PS4 to PS5, but the jump from PS2 to PS3 was way bigger than the next two jumps and a lot more noticable.

Dulfite said:
DonFerrari said:

I can't moreso tell that difference than PS4 to PS5, but the jump from PS2 to PS3 was way bigger than the next two jumps and a lot more noticable.

That is true, and I didn`t say what I said with any ill feeling, I do remember the explanation. Even though I find it strange since even my wife that doesn`t game at all can quickly spot the differences in graphic being better, but I know it is possible that you don`t notice any significant difference (if any at all).