By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Showcase - Wednesday Sept 16

MasonADC said:
FF16 please i am so impatient

I have this sneaking suspicion that Project Athia, is FF16.

And this is Malboro. Hidden in plain sight.

Around the Network

At last all the remaining PS5 details should get revealed. After an annoying period of silence this getting announced shortly after Xbox Series X/S details got revealed/leaked feels good. After a lackluster August September is going to be exciting.

Intrinsic said:
MasonADC said:
FF16 please i am so impatient

I’ve only watched the trailer once but I didn’t get the FF vibe from it. Who knows, but I think when FF 16 is revealed they will title it instantly 

Mr_No said:
What's interesting is that they didn't just settle for a price announcement on Twitter, but a showcase.

I feel they either want to upstage Microsoft by pushing forward some announcements, or justify the price point.

If it's for the latter, I don't see this going too well.

Who could possibly expect "just a price announcement on Twitter"? Pretty sure another event/reveal of gaming/system details has been publicly teased/anticipated by Sony PR all along. Obviously every detail including games in some ways justifies the price, that is the same for any product that sold, not sure how this is any different.

If I were Sony..

I'd start the presentation by using a direct feed of turning on the PS5. Let everyone take in the music and the sfx and UI layout. Go over to Spiderman, load it in real time and get into the game in real time to show everyone how different the experience is and do a 10 minute "live" demo. Then go through all the games in the launch window then reveal price and release date at the end.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
If I were Sony..

I'd start the presentation by using a direct feed of turning on the PS5. Let everyone take in the music and the sfx and UI layout. Go over to Spiderman, load it in real time and get into the game in real time to show everyone how different the experience is and do a 10 minute "live" demo. Then go through all the games in the launch window then reveal price and release date at the end.

Could work.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

twintail said:
Intrinsic said:

Considering how popular the FF brand is, I highly doubt they would do this.

Also I would want two games from them and not just 1

We're still waiting on FFVII Remake Part 2 though :P so that makes it three, if this is its own game. I don't think SE has the capacity to develop so many AAA titles simultaneously.

This has to be at least tied into to FF universe. So it probably would make sense that it turns out to be FFXVI. Its made by the same team who made XV iirc.

Also gimme Silent Hill reboot. I believe!

ArchangelMadzz said:
If I were Sony..

Honestly,if sony doesn't do this? They have dropped the ball. 

I know they won't do it for the entire show,but they at the very least should do just that for at least one of the PS5 launch games then after the gameplay, go back to the home screen and jump in and out of a couple of other games. Nothing shows how good that SSD is than just showing people how good it is.

Intrinsic said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
If I were Sony..

Honestly,if sony doesn't do this? They have dropped the ball. 

I know they won't do it for the entire show,but they at the very least should do just that for at least one of the PS5 launch games then after the gameplay, go back to the home screen and jump in and out of a couple of other games. Nothing shows how good that SSD is than just showing people how good it is.

As per your bold prediction, SNY could have 39 minutes and 55 seconds of blank screen, then 5 seconds of $349 and $399 and it would be the highest liked video of all time.