By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Showcase - Wednesday Sept 16

EricHiggin said:
Intrinsic said:

Honestly,if sony doesn't do this? They have dropped the ball. 

I know they won't do it for the entire show,but they at the very least should do just that for at least one of the PS5 launch games then after the gameplay, go back to the home screen and jump in and out of a couple of other games. Nothing shows how good that SSD is than just showing people how good it is.

As per your bold prediction, SNY could have 39 minutes and 55 seconds of blank screen, then 5 seconds of $349 and $399 and it would be the highest liked video of all time.

Around the Network

tag

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

But... will they say they are doomed or Everybody knows that?

Does anyone realistically think 399 is an option for the disc version? I saw in another thread it was a 'bold' prediction, but I think IT'd be interesting to see Sony repeat what happened last gen. 399 and 349?

Do I think this will happen? no. No I do not. However, man it'd make me so happy. I'd be willing to bet 499 and 399 for the disc and non-disc drive versions. I think that's pretty fair.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Captain_Yuri said:
16th is gonna be one hell of a day for me.

Ps5 showcase + 3080 reviews coming out at the same day. It's almost as though they know what I will be buying for the holidays!

Yep, in the same boat. However now I'm starting to wonder if I should just get a second hand RTX 2080 Ti instead for 500 euros like the MSI Trio. A similar RTX 3070 will be around 580 euros while the RTX 3080 around 780 euros.

I still have a Gigabyte GTX 1080 that I'll try to sell for around 200.

My PS4 Pro will go to my sister. My Xbox One S I will sell since I only use it as a 4K blu ray player. Not sure how much I could get for that system including 1 third party controller. Maybe 50?

Anyway looking forward to the showcase. I only need to know the date. Price wasn't an issue since it will be around 500 anyway.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Around the Network
elazz said:
Captain_Yuri said:
16th is gonna be one hell of a day for me.

Ps5 showcase + 3080 reviews coming out at the same day. It's almost as though they know what I will be buying for the holidays!

Yep, in the same boat. However now I'm starting to wonder if I should just get a second hand RTX 2080 Ti instead for 500 euros like the MSI Trio. A similar RTX 3070 will be around 580 euros while the RTX 3080 around 780 euros.

I still have a Gigabyte GTX 1080 that I'll try to sell for around 200.

My PS4 Pro will go to my sister. My Xbox One S I will sell since I only use it as a 4K blu ray player. Not sure how much I could get for that system including 1 third party controller. Maybe 50?

Anyway looking forward to the showcase. I only need to know the date. Price wasn't an issue since it will be around 500 anyway.

Yea it's gonna be hard to tell. I suspect that 2080 Ti and 3070 are gonna trade blows in Rasterization but 3070 is gonna be faster in Ray Tracing while 2080 Ti has more and faster Vram to work with. Both will get RTX IO when that comes out. Tensor cores on the 3070 has sparsity so DLSS should be better going forward and because the 3070 is newer, it should have longer support. If they had the same Vram, it would be an easy decision but as they don't, it's a bit of a hard call until we see benchmarks loll.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Runa216 said:
Does anyone realistically think 399 is an option for the disc version? I saw in another thread it was a 'bold' prediction, but I think IT'd be interesting to see Sony repeat what happened last gen. 399 and 349?

Do I think this will happen? no. No I do not. However, man it'd make me so happy. I'd be willing to bet 499 and 399 for the disc and non-disc drive versions. I think that's pretty fair.

Nope I don't think Sony would go this low. But since I don't care that they lose money on HW on the short term I would be very happy with these prices, would make it cheaper for me to buy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ryotsu said:

Very cool video.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Intrinsic said:
MasonADC said:
FF16 please i am so impatient

I have this sneaking suspicion that Project Athia, is FF16.

And this is Malboro. Hidden in plain sight.

No. Project Athia is not Final Fantasy 16.

After the success of FF15, Luminous Studio was givin the task to develop a new IP that would sit at the top with SE's other big hitters. More than enough evidence says that the FF14 team is doing FF16.