By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Showcase - Wednesday Sept 16

“So are you going to do the Ludicrous Speed route and say "perhaps Sony didn`t say it but their fanbase used it and kept mocking MS"? He have done it whole gen regarding the power gap. Sony didn`t talk about X1 at all or said their console was the strongest ever. They put the specs of the console and that is just it. Fans of Sony used that to say it was stronger and bring on most of the multiplat comparison (as did MS fans on the previous gen), and the mockery only began when MS fans started to bring secret sauce into the conversation.

Could Jim have better communication and could Sony presentation have more information and all dates and consoles and duration of exclusivity? Sure it could. But it usually isn`t like that in console. I didn`t see any out of their way try to hide information or deceive, just that at the time they revealed the console the focus wasn`t the same as in the second show.”

@Don Social media is a thing in 2020. If you admit Sony fans ran with a narrative for months while Sony sat back and did nothing to clarify that’s on them. All it takes is a community manager to send a tweet or a update on a PS centric site. 

Their latest show was deceptive advertising at its finest. We didn’t know Spiderman MM or Horizon FW were cross gen until after the show.  And this is for people like us who stay informed. Regular people, if they even saw or heard about the show second hand, likely won’t get that information. And that’s the point.

Sony been doing smoke and mirrors this whole year. UE demo comes to mind where ironically the closest game we will get that looks like the demo will be Hellblade 2...a Xbox Series X exclusive. Just saying they were not at all transparent when a simple Tweet could have set the record straight. 

Last edited by sales2099 - on 20 September 2020

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
coolbeans said:

@DonFerrari 

So... I'm incorrect for using a comparison between Jim Ryan's alleged lies and Microsoft's "Console Launch Exclusive" line to make some kind of point about grey areas, but you think not disclosing release dates or release windows is fair game in the context of this discussion?  

Sigh...

No, no.  Even after writing that I know I should stick to my previous comment.  I think it'll be more productive to bounce out of this topic with you.  No offense against you personally.  I'm just starting to feel getting waterboarded would be preferable to drudging through this.

Yes you are wrong because you are trying to compare you interpretation of what wasn`t even said against what was directly said. MS didn`t give any release date for almost all their titles and neither I or you complained about it did you? Or can you provide the release date of all games show on May and July Xbox event?

sales2099 said:

Sony haven`t been commenting on anything either for the positive or negative of Playstation, so not sure what you want. Putting what some part of the fanbase have been saying to prove Sony said or mean anything doesn`t work. The quote from Jim have nothing in that direction. Again, it is like Ludicrous trying to say Sony have been coasting and attacking MS on X1 being weaker than PS4 when Sony never said a thing and only at reveal they put the power of the console without any mention of Xbox. Totally ridiculous.

Yes super misleading to not say it is exclusive to PS5 in the trailer and in the blog say it is crossgen. Someone on this thread have posted that Spider-Man was announced crossgen on the first show further news, also that HFW was know to be in release on PS4 long ago. Just read the comments on this thread.

HFW looks better than Hellblade 2 so not sure what you are talking when you think it will be the closest thing it will look like to the demo. And we will have much more games that will look better than that Demo. And well I know you were sad by all the positive media Sony got from that demo and the SSD ones.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
coolbeans said:

@DonFerrari 

sales2099 said:

Sony haven`t been commenting on anything either for the positive or negative of Playstation, so not sure what you want. Putting what some part of the fanbase have been saying to prove Sony said or mean anything doesn`t work. The quote from Jim have nothing in that direction. Again, it is like Ludicrous trying to say Sony have been coasting and attacking MS on X1 being weaker than PS4 when Sony never said a thing and only at reveal they put the power of the console without any mention of Xbox. Totally ridiculous.

Yes super misleading to not say it is exclusive to PS5 in the trailer and in the blog say it is crossgen. Someone on this thread have posted that Spider-Man was announced crossgen on the first show further news, also that HFW was know to be in release on PS4 long ago. Just read the comments on this thread.

HFW looks better than Hellblade 2 so not sure what you are talking when you think it will be the closest thing it will look like to the demo. And we will have much more games that will look better than that Demo. And well I know you were sad by all the positive media Sony got from that demo and the SSD ones.

Sony should be a little more active in community responsiveness for a start. Saying “it’s just how they do things” is not a excuse. Twitter is a thing and they should try to be transparent if they have people employed in community positions. 

HFW has a rumor that development started on PS4. People assumed it was scrapped and made PS5 exclusive. I was reported and warned by CGI for suggesting it was cross gen so it wasn’t popular belief at the time. And I meant the closest game using UE5. Hellblade 2 is the nearest 1st party game that will use that engine and Horizon isn’t using that to my knowledge hence the irony and misleading advertising. 

Point being I believe Sony 100% meant to be misleading up until now. They were totally down coasting on good PR for months as word of mouth spread. This PR mistep only registers to people like us. The misinformation has all ready spread for some time. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Sony should be a little more active in community responsiveness for a start. Saying “it’s just how they do things” is not a excuse. Twitter is a thing and they should try to be transparent if they have people employed in community positions. 

HFW has a rumor that development started on PS4. People assumed it was scrapped and made PS5 exclusive. I was reported and warned by CGI for suggesting it was cross gen so it wasn’t popular belief at the time. And I meant the closest game using UE5. Hellblade 2 is the nearest 1st party game that will use that engine and Horizon isn’t using that to my knowledge hence the irony and misleading advertising. 

Point being I believe Sony 100% meant to be misleading up until now. They were totally down coasting on good PR for months as word of mouth spread. This PR mistep only registers to people like us. The misinformation has all ready spread for some time. 

Can you link the post for this please.

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Should they? Perhaps. Will they? That is their strategic positioning, if it is working for them they are the ones to know. And sorry MS even being on twitter all the time isn`t really transparent. Wasn`t X1 not holding Halo back per MS twitter? Companies use social media not to be more transparent, but more likely to manipulate the narrative themselves instead of allowing gamers and publications run with whatever they want.

You probably weren`t reported by CGI, your report was analyzed by him and then you got a warning. And I would bet you got reported and warned not because you suggested it could be crossgen but by something else. There is no misleading there. UE5 demo was running real time in PS5 so whatever was showing on screen was real so it can`t be said to be misleading. Sony also didn`t say a single thing about it being exclusive to PS5. The only thing mentioned was by Epic that the version being run would only work on PS5 because it was built to it. MS couldn`t accept a positive new to PS5 then gone to say they also use UE5 (with Windows Central saying it would look much better on Series X, they had to delete because were proven wrong), even though from what we know UE5 isn`t out for devs yet, talk about misleading.

Sony wasn`t coasting in good PR unless you are rewritting history. On this very forum Sony was heavily criticized for talking so little about PS5, not hyping it, by the GDC video being to technical, etc. It is again just you being pissed that MS for all the talk they done when they had to show they failed.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."